Ch. 12 Revenge

We watched from the trees, perched high between the branches, at the bustling new camp.

Camp Olympia was definitely an improvement on both camps.

It was twice the size as Camp Jupiter and New Rome combined, with a mixture of Greek and Roman designs.

“Annabeth probably built those,” I thought sullenly, but wiped that thought from my head.

“Are you sure it’s here?” I asked Runa, her white cloak was down, letting me see her volcanic black eyes.

“Yes, I’m the champion of Fate, I’m sure,” she said exasperated, throwing me an annoyed glare.

“I know you don’t want to be here but-,” I cut her off,

“No, I’m fine, I just want to be sure,” I answered quickly.

I knew she didn’t believe me but she let it go.

Suddenly, I felt a flare of energy, one that I had become familiar with.

“Quick it’s happening,” I shout as I throw on my hood and see Runa do the same. I leapt off the tree and landed on the ground and ran silently to the Mess Hall as the feeling got stronger.

As people walked by, we ducked behind walls and hid in the shadows as we waited for them to leave.

Soon enough, we reached the Mess Hall, both of us hiding behind a pillar that created a border for the campers to eat.

Fairly quickly, we could hear the shouting.

“How dare you do this to me!” screamed a woman’s voice, pain evident in how she sounded.

I stiffened, I know that voice.

“But babe, I’m serious!  I didn’t cheat on you!” was the also familiar male voice, traces of fear in his voice.

“Piper told me!  And the Stolls filmed it!  I wish you were dead!”

I finally looked around the pillar to find a large group surrounding two people.

Two people I recognized.

Annabeth stood there with a furious expression on her face, a plain wedding ring in her hand.

“Does this mean anything to you Theseus?”

“Beth, I love you, I really do, I swear on Styx that I didn’t cheat on you,” he said smirking.

Obviously, he didn’t know the consequences of breaking an oath on the Styx.

But Annabeth did, and she believed him because her shoulders slumped and he didn’t erupt in flames.

Too bad they didn’t know there are other ways to enact justice.

Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped into the hall, my boots echoing against the hard marble floor, the feeling had subsided to a dull throbbing, signaling a broken oath.

I was going to enjoy this.

“My my my, what a silly little godling,” I chuckled, purposely changing my voice to scare my brother.

Annabeth’s head whipped around to see who had spoken.  Sadly, her eyes were met with my hooded face.

I stepped forwards, walking through the demigods and legacies, recognizing a few but I ignored them.