Ch.2 Razed to the Ground

Chiron's POV

I sighed.

We've been searching for hours with no sign of Percy. After the first hour, Poseidon flashed away to Olympus and alerted the other gods of the situation. I of course, was worried for my student, but I did not underestimate him. Normally demigods would perish after a day in the mortal world without a weapon, but this was the greatest hero alive. Every monster was afraid of him.

Everyone was guilty, including me.

How could I have been such a fool?

He was the greatest hero alive, he wouldn't die so easily on a quest. Nico, or Hades himself would have told us if he...well, y'know.

"Heroes, it's getting to late, we can continue the search tommorow," I shouted, my voice echoing through the forest.

"But Chiron, we have to keep looking, I-we need to apologize to him," cried Annabeth.

I looked at my student with sympathy. She was the closest thing I had to a daughter, and I care about her very much. 

"It is much too late for us to continue, we will search again at first light. I promise," I told her.

Theseus slung his arm around her, and he directed her towards her cabin. I called out to the remaining searchers to come back.

As we were walking back into camp, I turned and looked back into the depths of the forest.

"Please be safe Percy.", I whisper before turning and galloping back into camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poseidon's POV

I flashed back to Olympus, shocked from what had happened. I didn't know whether to be happy my son is alive, or ashamed on giving up on him so easily.

I sat down at my throne and banged my trident against the hard, marble floor, calling the council of the gods.

Fourteen gods flashed in. "Poseidon, what is the meaning of this meeting?" Hades asked.

"I just learned tha- where is Aphrodite? She is suppose to be here. Hermes, can you please get her?"

Hermes nodded and flashed out.

"I just learned that my son is alive," I start to say when Zeus stood, furious, and yelled,

" Then why call a meeting? We have more important things to do," he glared at me."You didn't let me finish, my son is alive and found out Annabeth is engaged to marry his brother."

At this point, Athena stood up furious. "What?I sent Perseus on a quest to gain my permission to marry my daughter and she...she does this!"

Artemis stood up as well,

"I agree, Perseus is a great man. He does not deserve this,"

"Wait, you sent him on a quest without informing me? I thought he was dead!," I murmured the last part. I could feel the storms raging the Earth but I could care less.

I had abandoned my favorite son for a lesser one. I could see why he hates me now, I thought sullenly.That was when Hermes flashed in carrying someone.It was Aphrodite.

"What did you do to my wife!" thundered Hephaestus, getting up from his throne, lunging at Hermes.

"I didn't do anything, I found her on the ground sobbing her eyes out," He said quickly while handing her to her husband. Hephaestus held her for a moment, then gently placed her in her throne.