Ch.6 Choices of a Lifetime

Disclaimer: I do not own this amazing story, well technically I own this fanfiction but the original story is not mine.

Percy's POV

I rushed to the side of Zoe, as her eyes slowly flickered open. “Percy?” I helped her sit up as she tried to regain her bearings. “Where are we?” she asked before she suddenly clenched her eyes shut as her body shook. “What’s happening to her?” I yell at the Fates, which in hindsight was a terrible idea. “Percy, maybe you shouldn’t yell at the Fates,” Lethe said nervously, looking between me and the Fates. “No, that’s fine,” said the Fate holding a ball of yarn.

Lachesis, the Measurer of Life.

She continued speaking, “He is, after all, our nephew,”

“You’re joking right?” I finally said once my brain processed the words. Their expressions didn’t change once. “The Fates are the Eldest children of Nyx, formed from the essence of Night and Destiny or Nyx and Ananke. Very much the same way you were reborn. That makes them our older sisters,” said Styx carefully.

“Terrible sisters,” I heard Phlegathon mutter but everyone ignored her. “But to answer your question Perseus, she is being forcefully brought back to life,” said the Fate with shears, the one who cuts the thread of life, Atropos, the one who cannot be changed.

“Forcefully?”

“The Doors of Death were sealed, she was brought back by the imbalance of power when you returned her immortal power,” I held Zoe tighter as her convulsions slowly ceased, and her eyes, black as volcanic rocks, opened and met mine. “What happened to thy eyes?” Zoe asked startled, not noticing our location or our godly “guests”. I looked up at Styx questioningly. She looked at me with pride before summoning a full length mirror. I let go of Zoe and stood up, gazing into the mirror with awe.

It was me and yet, it wasn’t me at the same time.

I stood at my old height of 6’2 and had the same messy black hair. My facial features had changed, making me look like an ancient Greek king. I looked godly.  But what captured my attention the most were my eyes.

They flowed and twisted, moving like a living creature. They flashed red, dark blue, then black before ending back on red. It was unsettling to say the least. But also mesmerizing at the same time.

I looked down and yelped, what was I wearing?

I had a traditional Greek chiton but it was dark blue, I was wearing golden sandals that traveled up my ankles. I was visibly more muscled than before. I glanced back at the mirror.

“Cool clothes but how do I change?”

“I wake up after dying and thou are concerned about the way thee is dressed?” I heard Zoe say before she faltered. “Wait…Did I really die? It seems like it was only a dream,” She said in soft voice. I turned and strode back to Zoe holding her tight as sobs racked her body. “It’s okay Zoe, I’m here. I won’t ever leave you,” And I meant it.

I pulled Zoe with me to my waiting family and the Fates, waving my hand and imagining the mirror was gone. To my surprise, it disappeared. It seemed I had natural talent and my powers. Zoe looked at me curiously through her tearstained eyes but I sent her a look. Later

Zoe’s eyes widened as she kneeled in respect. “Why do you kneel for us child? Are you afraid of us?” The Three Sisters of Fate spoke in unison. Zoe surprised me by answering in a determined voice, “I kneel not because I fear thy power, but because I respect thee and the balance thy maintain in the universe,”

The three sisters nodded to each other, “You have proven yourself worthy,”

Zoe shifted uncomfortably, “Worthy of what?”