//2

after:

PENELOPE

xander's comfort and daisy's hugs don't really make me feel better. everyday i long for him, my forgotten loss.

and yet i take another sip of water and go to bed.

:::

the incident:

ZACH

she twirls around, a beautiful smile plastered on her face and a floating pile of silk surrounding her as her dress lifts.

but she's drunk.

and so i carry her to our hotel room, where we'll be enjoying hawaii until our honeymoon has ended. two months here, one for the wedding, one for the honeymoon. what could go wrong?

originally from colorado, our summers weren't always burning and we exhaled in relief at the sun beaming on us.

this is our second week in hawaii, and other than preparing for the wedding and purchasing unnecessary things like cakes and flowers, ellie and i have been sightseeing and exploring the island.

today, we are going gift shopping and a romantic "couple's ride" down the sea outside of our suite.

once ellie recovered from her drinking, she pulled off her clothes and replaced them for a swimsuit.

"ready to go shopping?" she says excitedly, eager to explore after her power surging nap.

that's why i love her. she's so energetic and radiant, it's positively amazing.

i groan, "you should put a dress or shawl or whatever on first. people are going to look at you, and nobody is allowed to other than me."

we stopped by "billy's tiki shop" first. examining things and widening eyes at price tags, we fooled around before purchasing many assorted seashells and shirts.

after visiting the majority of the shops in the town, we sat exhausted by a bench, our arms aching from all of the clothes, hats, decorations, and other useless things ellie insisted on.

"zach! look!" she shrieked, staring at a store window closely.

peeking through the window was a glimmering item on display, something i knew was incredibly special.

two matching handmade leather necklaces with a silver pendant reading, "loving you joyously."

hurriedly, we raced over to the store and purchased them, thanking the owner ever so gratefully. in return, he smiled and engraved our names into each necklace for free.

her smile was a gift from the heavens, she handed me her necklace as i rung mine around her neck.

"i can't believe i'm so privileged to be marrying you." she stated, pure love leaking from her voice.

my honest smile slacked as i murmured, "no, no, you see, that's where you're wrong. because truthfully, i'm the privileged one. infinite and more."

a tear sprouts from her eye, and pulling her into a hug, we just stood in the middle of the small hawaiian town, people giving us weird looks and others cooing.

who cares?

:::

you'll hate me in a few chapters, pretty sure.