Ben Dorbly

Hey! So, this is my Percabeth story, and thanks for checking it out! I would love it if you commented suggestions, critiques, or ideas! So this book is currently being edited because the first few chapters really sucked.

But anyway, thanks for checking out this book!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Sitting in my seat, I looked around my classroom. I had just arrived, and didn't even have time to greet my friends before the bell rung. The teacher called us to attention and began attendance.

  "Annabeth Chase?" The teacher called. When no one answered, Mrs. O'Neil looked up from her attendance sheet and scanned the room. The other students did too, and when they didn't find the grey eyed beauty, whispers erupted throughout the classroom.

You have to understand, Annabeth has never been late or absent in her whole high school career. She is a straight "A" student, she runs multiple clubs, she is on both the volleyball and lacrosse teams, she is valedictorian, and a perfect student all around.

So color me surprised when perfect Annabeth Chase ran through the door of the classroom with her clothes ruffled up, her hair flying behind her, and her cheeks flushed.

"Mrs. O'Neil I am so sorry! The time totally got away from me, and then my car broke down on the way to school. I came as fast as I could!" Annabeth had now taken her seat, which was next to mine, and opened up her books while trying to calm her erratic breathing.

The teacher looked flustered, opening and closing her mouth like a fish, trying to form a coherent sentence. It wasn't everyday that Annabeth came to school late and appeared to be in such disarray.

Finally she settled for an "it's fine" and proceeded on with attendance.

While the teacher was busy with that, I leaned over towards Annabeth and whispered the question that was on everyone's mind.

"Why were you late? The perfect Annabeth Chase is never late." She turned towards me with a half-hearted glare. Then she sighed and sunk into her seat, mumbling something about stupid boys.

My brow furrowed in confusion at her lack of an answer and the blush that was dusting her cheeks. I had known Annabeth for a while now, and not once had I seen her blush.

I silently hoped that my proximity to her was the reason for the pink tint to her cheeks. See, I had basically been in love with Annabeth since the moment I laid eyes on her a year ago. We had been friends ever since, but I had been secretly hoping to become more.

While Annabeth has never shown that kind of interest towards me, I still had hopes. Annabeth was gorgeous, and as result, she got asked out a lot. I have had my fair share of awkward encounters with guys who told me to back off or whatever, thinking that I was the reason she had declined anyone who asked her.

I wish that were the truth, but it's not. Honestly, I don't know why she rejects them. The excuse she usually gives is that she already has a boyfriend, but when I ask about him, she won't tell me anything. She says it's her business, and that she just wants to keep him to herself.

I looked at Annabeth once more to see her mumbling to herself and flipping through some notes. I couldn't understand what she was saying but managed to catch a name. Something like Perry or Pierce.

I flicked her arm and she looked up at me with her startling grey eyes. I made a gesture at her, as if to ask What's up? She rolled her eyes and focused her attention to the board where Ms. O'Neil was writing a math equation. She seemed to be upset, and I couldn't understand why.