Chapter 2

Desiree opens the tall wooden doors and runs to her car looking back every second. She doesn't take a walk, she takes her expensive R107 Mercedes to her sister Janet's house 4 hours away.

She gets to her sisters at 4:36 and parks her car in the long huge drive way. "She's probably not home." She says to her herself getting the keys out of the ignition. She gets to the tall thick dark brown doors to ring the long tuned doorbell.

"Hello?" The man asks looking down at me. It's Janet's husband Jason Debarge. He kept scratching his beard and said "come in- Dede?" He says trying to remember my name. I barge into the house saying "it's Desiree" and I put my sunglasses on a table.

He closes the door and then heading to the family room where he sat to watch some tv. He never had any expression or personality. He just did what he wanted and didn't care. Like my father. "So, where is my sister?" I ask sitting on a chair beside him looking at the tv. "She's at some studio working on a song." He says eating Doritos focused on the television. "Uhhuh.." I mumble. I knew she wouldn't be here at this time of day.

I waited 3 hours for her to come back. And she finally did. Still as usual, I'm watching the tv and Jason is asleep on a pile of Doritos on his couch. "Jason?" Janet's voice calls from the kitchen. I jump up from my chair to see her. "Hey!" I say stretching from sitting on that chair for 3 in a half hours. "Oh my gosh! Desiree? You're here? In my house?!" She says putting her bags down on the counter running up to me to give me a big hug. "Come sit sit!" She says and I start to laugh. "I've been sitting for 3 hours straight!" And we both have a laugh.

"So why are you here?" She says taking off her 4 inch high heels. "Oh, because of Joseph. I just had to get away from that prison." I say scratching my head finding bits of Dorito crumbs. "Oh Joseph. He's a reason why I even left the house!" She says chuckling. "What?" Jason's voice says in the living room. "Nothing dear." She yells back.

"I just really wanna get away. I wanna do my own thing like-like you guys! So rich and famous, that's where I wanna be too." I say resting my arm on my chin. "Desiree, you don't wanna do that. I was forced to sing and act. Same with your brothers." She says walking into her room to put clothes away. "Well I just wanna do it for me you know? I wanna be that famous Jackson and, ugh! I just wanna move away!!" I say laughing following her to her room.

"But doesn't Michael still live at the house?" She says putting away her shoes in her enormous closet. "Well yea but he's doing concerts so he isn't here right now." I say sitting on her huge white bed. "Your not alone then! And he needs to get his own place too he's like 23 or somethin." She says then going to the bathroom to check her hair and face. "Yea, but then it wouldn't be as fun!". Janet starts to smile closing her powder box.

I stayed the night at her place sleeping on the couch. Dreaming of my father being a nice normal person. Holding my hand while we walk down a sidewalk laughing with each other. If only my dream with reality and reality was a dream.