Chapter 4

I open the sliding glass door open and I quietly close it. I hear him struggling to take it out of the box. I walk quietly into his presences and he stops what he is doing to look at me. "Hey Joseph, yo-you need help with that?" I ask nicely waiting for an answer. "No I don't." He snaps then getting back to his work. I didn't know what else to say at the moment.."you should have told me where you were going yesterday Desiree." He says not looking up.

"I mean, I had to get away. You put a lot of stress on me." I say under my breath walking back. "What did you say child?" He yells when I walk away. How did he hear me?. "Oh I'm I didn't say anything!" I say back in deep worry. He gets up slowly throwing the box in the air walking to me. "No...no no no no!" I yell louder and louder the more closer he gets to me. "DONT YOU EVER TALK BACK TO ME UNDERSTAND?!" He yells gabbing my hair pulling it down. "STOP PLEASE!!!!" I yell in fear.

I stomp on his big toe really hard when I hear him scream. "THATS IT CHILD YOUR GONNA GET IT!!!" He yells pulling my hair hard to the ground with both hands. I struggle to get up but my head is in too much pain. "JOESPH THE THE HELL OFF OF HER RIGHT NOW!!!!" It was Michael. Joseph looks up and let's go. I fall to the ground and curl up in a ball. Michael runs to me and picks me up. "Why are you still doing this?!..." He says with tears in his eyes.

"She is talking back, and She stomped on my toe!" He yells then getting back to opening up the fake bush. Michael looks at him in disgust and carries me back to the house. He put me on the couch where I lay breathing hard. "God.. You look terrible." He says quietly checking if Joseph hit me anywhere else. "He didn't slap you did he?" He says in worry feeling my face. "No. But he got my hair good.." I say with tears falling down my cheek.

"Mother!" He yells getting up to look for her.