Chapter 8

Michaels POV
Man.. I've never done that before. Running from my parents, I guess I just was raised too well.

I see the limo in the front and I jump in. "You know where Janet's place is right? We've been there." I say to my driver as he pulls out. "Yes sir." He replies turning sharp corners.

--

We drive up into her drive way. "Thanks Steve." I say giving him a wave as I enter her doors. I press the door bell hearing possibly the longest doorbell tune I've heard.

I see Desiree pop her head out and then grabs me throwing me into the house.
"Geez! Next time be less rough!" I grown wiping stuff off my sweatshirt. "Sorry, but you needed to come quicker. Janet wants to tell you news." Desiree says crossing her arms.

I sigh following her to where Dunk is.
We go into a room where Janet is, and she's staring out the window. "Dunk! Everything okay?" I question giving her hug.

"Let me just get to the point, I'm moving out of this house." She says holding both my hands. "What? Why??" I ask.

"Because! I don't love my husband anymore! I want to be free. I feel like I'm trapped!" She utterly shouts looking back out into her backyard.

I gasp of what I hear. "well if that's what you want, then that's what you'll take".

"I'm getting a divorce today and then I'll book it to somewhere else besides here." Janet smiles confidently about her plan.

The silence gets interrupted by Desiree
walking back in the room with a loaf of bread in her arms. "What? I'm Hungary!" She explains proving her point by bitting a chunk of bread off.

All three of us laugh. "I miss this.." Desiree adds looking at all of us. "Miss what?" Janet questions with her laugh dead and gone.

Us all laughing together.. It's almost like we're being sold off to our own fame.." Desiree says looking at the ground.

I put my arm around her. "We'll always be a family Des.. No one can stop us." I smile weakly.

In my mind I agree, but would if she's right.. Our fame taking over our relationships. But she isn't even as famous..

I loosen my grip letting go. "Let's get outta this room." Janet says with all of us leaving going to the living room.

"Soooo I'm here, we needa do something." I say laying on the couch.
Desiree thinks and thinks. "Ice skating?"

--

Joseph's POV
"I booked Desiree in the modeling business. She's gonna start tomorrow so she needs to come home." I say to Katy flipping a page in the newspaper.

"Now why didn't you do that before? She might be nervous." Katy replies with her brows raised.

"Don't be like that, just picture it.. Desiree on the front cover of LA Trumpets Magazines." I add showing it with my hands.

She rolls her eyes and chuckles. "I hope Desiree can get through it."

--
12:55pm
Desiree's POV
I think I'm still the only one up. Janet's sleeping in her bedroom with her "soon to be divorced" husband, and Michael is sleeping on the couch across from me.