Chapter 3

I wake up at 6:00 smiling looking around. And then I realize my dream of my father, was a dream and reality was fading back into my mind. And the smile I once had, turned into a frown when I went asleep again.

"Desiree? Wake up!" Janet says tapping my leg where I sat asleep 4 hours later. "Uhhwhaaaa..." I say waking up looking around to make sure everything is okay. "Your drooling by the way." She says heading to the kitchen to cut fruit. That's when I quickly wipe it off laying up from the comfy couch.

"Will mother be mad that you've been gone for a night? Haha." Janet says cutting strawberry stems. "Oh uh, I think she'll be fine." I say putting my hair in a pony tail. "Well you should be getting home. I talked to Michael this morning, and he said he'll be home late tonight so, at least you'll have someone to talk to." She says throwing my shades to me.

"Whew! So glad he's coming back, He's been gone for so long!" I say putting them on top of my head. "Here." She says handing me a small plastic bag of strawberries. "You'll be Hungary on the way back." She says again smiling walking back to the kitchen. She's always been a mother figure to me. Always caring, and helping me out. "Okay sis, I'll be heading out now. Love you lots!" I say hugging her tight. "I'll call you later tonight, don't worry." She says shutting her eyes.

I get back to the house at 3:48. When I walk in, I don't hear anyone. "Hello? I'm home." I yell looking around. I hang my shades on my coat and start to take my shoes off. After that, it's still silent. "There probably grocery shopping with the maids again." I say to myself heading to the fridge for some left over pasta, and a tall glass of chocolate Yoo-hoo.

10 minutes into my lunch, I hear the front door close. I was half way putting the pasta in my mouth, till I froze. I was silent...."yes, put that in the backyard please." It was my mother. I sigh in relief and continue to put the pasta in my mouth. My mother walks into the kitchen where I am, and she is holding a lot of grocery bags. She spots me eating on the counter table. "Oh my god! Where have you been?!" She says roughly putting the groceries down in front of me. "I was at Janet's mom, everything is fine." I say gulping down some Yoo-hoo. "Your father is very upset with you." She says putting some food away with the maids behind her.

I froze again but this time, my heart feel to the bottom of my stomach. "Wh-what?..." I say till frozen. "Yea, he's mad. You shouldn't always runs way like that!" She replies then opening a tall box that had a fake deer bush in it. "Where is he?" I say putting down my fork slowly. "He's in the backyard setting up more bushes. Go on, go and tell him right now where you were." She says again handed scissors by a maid." I was about to talk back but, I knew my face was gonna be slapped. So I just did what I was told, and walked to the door with my hands in fists holding my breath.