CHAPTER 3: WINCHESTERS

Sam was browsing his laptop at a local Starbucks in Destin, Florida.

He scrolled through a list of links and found one about a school shooting.

He decided to take a look into it, clicking the link.

He skimmed through it and learned about Danielle and all of the victims, then a few more paragraphs about Danielle popped up. He found that her family and all of her relatives were murdered within the hour of the shooting.

He felt bad for her she had no one, Sam had Dean.

A picture of the gunman with black eyes appeared at the bottom of the page from one of the schools security cameras.

Dean walked up to their table outside with two coffees, "Find anything yet Sammy?"

Sam rolled his eyes and said, "It's Sam and yeah, there was a shooting at a local high school in Crowley, Louisiana,-".

Dean interrupted, "Tragic Sam, I don't see how this is our kinda gig though. And really?Crowley?"

Sam rolls his eyes and turned the laptop around, "Just read it,".

Dean read it a couple times and when he scrolled to the picture he said, "Never-mind, Crowley, Louisiana here we come."
.
.
.
Several hours later, the boys finally arrived in Crowley. They pulled up to the nearest motel, Magnolia Inn.

Dean pulled into the parking lot and said, "I'm gonna go sign us in,".

Sam nodded and watched Dean walk into the lounge.

Dean came out a few moments later holding a room key.

Sam climbed out of their black '67 Chevy Impala, and went around to the trunk.

Dean had already popped the trunk open and tossed Sam's bag to him.

"Room forty-three," Dean announced.

Dean strolled into the motel room, heading straight to the bathroom.

Sam plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV.

There was a news report about Danielle running away from the hospital without being noticed.

Dean left the bathroom and asked, "Isn't that the chick we're supposed to be going to question now?".

Sam sighed and said, "Glad you were actually paying attention for once Dean. Yeah, that's the girl we're supposed to be going to talk to. She left the hospital and hasn't been seen since she left last night,".

Dean nodded and said, "Well I'm hungry let's go get somethin' to eat."
.
.
.
About fifteen minutes later, the boys pulled into the 'Crowley Dinner'.

Dean glanced at the sign and said, "You think Crowley's got something to do with this?".

Sam shrugged, "We're looking for a demon so maybe," he answered.

The boys walked up to the counter ordering a table for two.

Sam glanced around the dinner and saw a hooded figure in loose pants and a hoodie with crutches lying beside it. The figure had a half eaten salad and a glass of water in front of it.

The blonde waitress eyed the boys hungrily, "If you'll follow me, I'll bring you to your table!" She seemed overly enthusiastic.

Sam rolled his eyes when she turned around, Dean gave a quiet laugh she wouldn't hear.

She led them to a table in front of the hooded person.

The waitress took out a notepad and a pen, she asked, "Can I get you guys anything to drink?".

Sam said, "Water thanks."

Dean gazed at the menu before saying, "I'll take a beer,".

The waitress smiled and scribbled down the drinks, "Coming right up."

Dean asked, "So how we gonna find this Danielle chick?"

Sam shrugged and said, "Where would you go if you were in her situation?"

Dean thought for a moment and said, "I'd probably be around this part of town.".

"Okay then we'll start looking around when we're done eating," Sam concluded. Sam noticed waitress coming back with their drinks.

She placed the water in front of Sam and the beer in front of Dean.

"Ya' know Dean, you could drink water or something besides beer every once in a while," Sam said, sipping on his water.

Dean said, "I do drink other things besides beer! I drink whiskey and tequila too!"

Sam gave him a signature bitch-face and sipped his water.

The waitress walked up to the hooded figures table and said, "Would you like the bill now miss?"

The waitress was obviously annoyed by the customer who gave a slight nod. The waitress left for a moment and brought her the bill and walked back to the boys.

She asked, "Have you boys made up your minds?"

Sam said, "Yeah I'll have a salad with thousand islands dressing thanks."

Dean said, "I'll have a double bacon cheeseburger extra onions and some fries."

Sam rolled his eyes at Dean's order.

The hooded figure from before turned around poking her head from the entrance of the booth and asked hoarsely, "Sorry to bother you, but may I please borrow five dollars?"

Dean nearly jumped out of his skin while Sam pulled out his wallet with a laugh pulling out five, handing it to the hooded girl.

She gave a painful sounding, "Thanks,".

Sam asked, "Hey you alright?"

She gave a nod, "I'm fine," she answered.

Sam didn't pry, but gave a nod.

The waitress appeared with their food and had a disapproving glance at the hooded girl.

Just before the boys finished eating, the waitress handed the boys their bill.

The hooded girl got up, hopping on one foot. She grabbed her crutches to steady herself before making her way out the door.

Sam watched her leave and said, "She look suspicious in your opinion Dean?"

Dean watched the girl push her way past the windows and said, "I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that."