CHAPTER 16: ROAD TRIP

After a couple of months of staying at Bobby's, Dani decided Samandriel, Percy, and herself should move out.

They were eating breakfast when Dani spoke up, "So, Bobby. I was thinking that Samandriel, Percy, and I should move to Oklahoma."

She looked at him, "We can't hide from the boys forever Bobby. I can't trust Castiel and whatever he says the boys will trust."

Bobby sighed, "I know Dani, but you better call me or else I'm hunting your ass down. You hear me?"

Dani smiled and looked at the table, "I hear you Bobby. I've already found an apartment and I've got some money saved up to rent it. I've found a good job to help me with everything."

"Of course you do. I'll give you a car," Bobby decided, rising to his feet.
.
.
.
After they'd packed everything a week later, Dani and Samandriel loaded everything into the car Bobby gave them.

They said their goodbyes and were off on the road to Afton, Oklahoma, which was about eight hours away.

The boys were asleep in the back while Dani drove. Rise Against's Make it Stop (Septembers Children) was playing on the radio while Dani was singing softly to the lyrics.

Samandriel stirred after about three and a half hours later.

He stretched and looked at Percy who was peacefully asleep. "How much longer?" He asked.

"About five and a half hours left Sammy. Just go back to sleep," Dani answered.

He yawned and laid his head back on the window, closing his eyes.
.
.
.
    Dani pulled into a Gas'n Sip about thirty minutes later.

She hopped out of the driver's seat and started to fill the gas tank while she was feeding Percy.

Percy was a good baby, he didn't cry much at all. He drank about three fourths of the bottle before he refused to drink any more.

Dani put the gas pump back in its slot and then put the bottle in the cup holder before she turned on the car, locked it and went inside.

She purchased a couple water and some chips for herself. She paid and went back outside into her car she pulled out and started driving once more.
.
.
.
After they finally got into Afton, Dani was exhausted. Samandriel had woken up the previous hour and Percy was just sitting there, watching the scenery go by.

Dani pulled into a parking lot of the apartment building, "C'mon Sammy, I'll get Percy."

He fiddled with the seatbelt before getting out, not so gracefully might Dani add.

Percy was having a giggling fit when he saw Dani open the door.

She smiled picked him up. They walked inside to the front desk.

A well-dressed man with a name tag that read 'Zach' looked up and smiled, "How may I help you?"

Dani smiled and said, "Hi, we spoke over the phone about an apartment. Dani Singer."

He looked at his computer and typed a few things, "Ah, Miss Singer."

He gave her a key, "I'll let you check the place out, but don't hesitate to ask for someone to help with your things."

Dani coughed a small 'Christo', no one had a reaction. She smiled, "Thank you, come on Sammy let's go upstairs."

They took the elevator to the fourth floor and strolled to room 437.

Dani unlocked the door to reveal a pretty good looking apartment if she did say so herself

. Dani walked in and sat on the couch. She took the salt out of her purse and salted the windows and the tops of the door frames.

"Hey Samandriel, why don't you go pick a room while I go get our stuff, okay?" Dani said as she finished.

He nodded and walked around the apartment.

She took Percy downstairs, "I think I'd like that help with my things now," she said with a smile as she approached Zach.

He looked up from his computer, "Of course! My friend Cody will help you."

A stronger looking man walked up to Dani and said, "Cute baby, lead the way ma'am."

She smiled, "Thank you," and walked to her car.

She opened the back, which revealed four suitcases and a couple bags.

Cody started grabbing bags and placing them on a cart Dani had just noticed was with him.

After he was done he closed the car and Dani led the way to her apartment.

She opened the door and Percy started nibbling his fingers and pulling on Dani's hair.

Cody dragged the cart inside, "When you're done with it, just ring up customer service and leave it outside the door. I'll come get it," he said, smiling at her.

Dani smiled, "Thank you again, here," she gave him a twenty before he left the room.

Samandriel walked down the hallway, "I think I found a room momma."

"Could you help me with the bags Sammy? I can't hold Percy and the bags at the same time. Grab your bags and we'll go get your room sorted out," Dani requested.

He grabbed his suitcase and started rolling it down the hallway into a nice looking bedroom, which was fully furnished.

Dani placed Percy on the bed, "Can you watch him and make sure he doesn't fall? I'll get your room sorted."

Samandriel sat on the bed and started playing with Percy's arms while Dani started putting his clothes into the dresser and closet.

When she finished it, Samandriel was giving Percy a bottle while Dani was starting to put his crib together. He finished about thirty minutes later and put it in her room.

Samandriel came in with Percy and placed him in the crib when Dani finished putting the mattress and the fitted sheet inside.

Percy was already asleep.

Dani stretched, "I'm going to sleep. You should too. Big day tomorrow Sammy," she said, patting his shoulder.

Samandriel quietly walked out of the room.

Dani flopped on the bed and curled up in the blankets and fell asleep.