CHAPTER 17: 3 YEARS LATER

After three years of living like normal people and no incidents at all whatsoever, Percy had grown into a well behaved, very smart little boy.

Samandriel still lived with them and acted very much like Percy, but he still kept them updated on angel matters he overheard.

Today was no different, except Dani had a paid week off from work. She sat on the couch with one arm around Percy and the other around Samandriel.

Breaking the silence, Samandriel asked, "Momma?"

Dani looked over at him, "Yes Sammy?"

He looked at his lap and fiddled with his fingers, "The voices are talking about someone named Adam Milligan. Who's in Lucifer's cage with Michael. Being t-tortured," he stammered out. He looked distraught.

Dani looked over at him and declared, "I'll look into it okay Sammy?"

He nodded and snuggled back into her arm and fell asleep along with Percy.
.
.
.
After about half an hour, Dani carefully got up, gently laying Percy and Samandriel down on the couch.

She smiled at their sleeping forms and walked into the office area, which was filled with lore books.

She in her chair and grabbed a few books she'd managed to collect on Lucifer and his cage.
.
.
.
After a few hours of flipping through books, Percy padded into the room rubbing his eye, "Mom? What are you doing?"

Dani had her eyes practically glued to the book, "I'm just doing some research Percy. Why? Are you hungry?"

She looked up and Percy nodded and asked, "Can I have some ramen noodles?"

Dani stood up and walked into the kitchen fixing two bowls ramen noodles.

After she'd fixed both bowls, she placed them on the table, "Here, eat up. I'm going to get Samandriel," she said.

She walked in the living room and Samandriel was still sleeping.

She gave his shoulder a little shake, "Sammy, Sammy. C'mon wake up, I made noodles," he groaned and sat up.

Dani walked into the kitchen with Samandriel trailing behind. Dani announced, "I'm going to be in the study for awhile doing some research okay?"

They nodded and slurped their noodles.

Dani stood up and returned to the study picking up where she left off.
.
.
.
After a few more hours of reading the book, she finally found a couple spells.

One would allow her to get in and out of the cage, but it wouldn't allow any nonhuman things to escape from it, the caster was an exception.

The other would allow Dani to restore his sanity, with a few side effects to the caster. Scanned through the list finding the ingredients required.

She thought, "Pshh I have this all in the kitchen."

Dani walked into her bedroom and decided the spell could wait until tomorrow.
.
.
.
Dani woke up to the sun shining on her face.

She walked into the kitchen and made some eggs and bacon for the boys.

After the bacon was done, she put it on a plate on the table and started making toast and eggs at the same time.

When she finished she placed the plates on the table and looked up, taking note of Samandriel and Percy standing in the doorway.

Dani announced, "Breakfast," she finished her plate, "I'm going to be gone for a few days."

They looked at her with their cheeks full of food.

Percy finished chewing and swallowed, "Where are you going? You said you had a week off."

Dani said, "I do have a week off, but something came up and I have to go investigate."

Samandriel remained silent.

Dani continued, "I'm going to leave at noon today. If I don't come back in two days, go to the bus stop and request a ride to Lebanon, Kansas and try to get the bus to drop you off here." She gave Samandriel a note. "Knock on the door and give them this."

Percy asked, "Who's them?"

Dani sighed, "Your uncles, Sam and Dean. Make sure you pack what you need if I'm not back."

Dani had the spell prepared, and ready to cast.

She had cast a spell that allowed her keep her clothes after her transformations.

The boys were in the living room as she started to recite the spell, and mix the ingredients.

She drew a symbol on the wall out of her blood. And when she finished reciting, a portal opened.

A few screams escaped it as she transformed into her wolf form and ran through the portal.

It closed behind her, but she knew it would open whenever she returned.

She looked around the barren area cluttered with old buildings.

Honestly, it looked like a city that had been set on fire, kind of like an apocalypse. So this was Lucifer's cage.

Dani padded around the area smelling everything, which was hard considering everything smelled like blood and death.

She walked around for another fifteen minutes before she heard sniffling. Dani froze and turned towards a building with a large hole in it.

She slipped through it and heard a strangled cry, "P-please d-don't h-hurt m-me."

Dani transformed back, "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to get you out. Shhh, c'mon."

She grabbed his arm and he whimpered, "What are you?"

Dani sighed, "I'm a skinwalker. I'm a friend of your brothers. My name is Dani Willow. Now come on we really don't have time for distrust right now or we are both going to be stuck here."

She pulled him up and transformed again.

She grabbed Adam and placed him on her back between her wings.

She took off running knowing she didn't have much time left until the boys would know of her existence.

A flaring pain erupted in her hind leg. She turned her head and saw an angel blade protruding from her leg barely missing the bone.

She howled in pain and pushed herself harder until she was t-boned by an Angel. Lucifer and Michael were battling in another argument.

Dani heard them yelling at each other about humanity, and how Michael should fight me to get Adam back for torment.

Michael was arguing with Lucifer, buying Dani time to get to the portal.

Her paws were flying across the landscape.

The portal opened and Dani threw herself inside, wings wrapped around Adam.