Prologue

London, England 1872

Aiden watched the girl with curious eyes. He had seen her everyday for the past week. He was sure she was up to no good but instead of simply reporting her, he instead chose to take it upon himself to watch her. She was interesting to him. It wasn't often that thieves occupied this area. It wasn't often that thieves set their sights on his father's estate.

He was leaning comfortably against the wall, watching the girl as she scoped out his childhood home. A sly smile spread across his face as he acknowledged that the girl was brave. She looked much to frail to be a thief but the gleam in her dark eyes was enough for him know to that looks could be deceiving.

She was obviously used to doing bad deeds. Her relaxed posture said so. The determined glint in her eyes said so.

He never seemed to grow bored watching her. And that in itself was a new experience for him.

He sighed, deciding that he had best do something with his time instead of watching the woman with the intent eyes. A carriage suddenly pulled up and the girl turned and walked away, acting as if she hadn't just been eyeing his father's estate.

He chuckled, the girl was truly an enigma and he liked it. He just hoped she wouldn't be foolish enough to really try and rob his father. He hoped she came to her senses and set her thieving eyes on another estate.

He stood up straight and made his way toward the carriage, recognizing the seal on it. The carriage door burst open and his two year old niece poked her head out. Soft brown curly tendrils fell from a loose bun on her head. Her chubby cheeks pink.

He walked over to the open carriage door and smiled down at her. "Hello, Trinity." He said as her hazel colored eyes widened on him. She squealed before nearly jumping from the carriage. He reached for her and she hugged his neck with her small arms, her cheek nuzzled against his.

"Love you!" She squealed as she pecked him square on the lips. He smiled down at her before kissing her hair. "I love you too sweet heart."

"This is why she's so spoiled you know. All you ever do is hold her. You're just as bad as Daddy." Jewel commented with a smile as she slid from the coach. Emile getting out behind her.

"Not all of us are as mean as you Jewel." Aiden smirked at her.

She made an exasperated sound deep within her throat before waving him away. "I'm mean because I don't spoil her? Oh what a load, she gets all the love she needs. Besides Emile spoils her enough."

Emile shrugged, his eyes shinning on the cute little cherub that was his curly haired daughter. "She's my baby, shouldn't I spoil her?"

"No." Jewel said at her husband, making him laugh. "She'll end up being a little tart."

Emile reached for Jewel, pulling her into his arms. The look he was giving her hinted at much more than playful.

Aiden turned and headed inside with his niece on his hip. "Who's my favorite niece?"

She giggled, the sound bubbly and cute. "Moi!"

He blinked for a moment but kissed her hair again at her answer. Her father had been teaching her French and it was utterly adorable coming from her.

As he carried her inside, Andrew, his twin brother, walked down the stairs. He was clutching his head.

Aiden smirked at his brother. He knew he was probably suffering from a terrible head ache, he had spent the night carousing in a tavern, indulging in drink and women.

"Look who it is Trinity," Aiden said pointing to Andrew as they neared him. She squealed again reaching out for Andrew.

Andrew groaned, he had a hangover, his head pounding. But how could he deny the cute little fingers that reached out to him?

He picked her up and kissed her chubby cheeks, she squirmed, giggling before kissing his nose. "Love you!" She said again.

"I love you too darling."

Once she had gotten the attention that she wanted from Andrew she reached for Aiden again, her eyes wide. He pulled her from Andrew's arms and settled her in his arms again.

"Where is Jewel?" Andrew asked.

Aiden nodded toward the door and recognition formed across Andrew's face. "Dear god, don't tell me they're out there slobbering on each other's face again."

Aiden shrugged. What his sister and her husband did when they were together was none of his concern. Besides it was a rather normal thing for the people in his family lavish constant love and attention on the love of their lives. He had witnessed his father kissing his mother more times than he dared to admit.

The front door burst open and Adam Jr. walked in, his arm wrapped snug around his wife. Dynasty held their sleeping one year old son, Leo, in her arms. She smiled at them. "Hello boys, how are you?"

Aiden ran his eyes over her. She looked breathless, disheveled and her lips were plump. He smirked. Aiden didn't generally point out the obvious. That was Andrew's job.

Andrew looked her over as well, a sly smile forming on his lips similar to Aiden's. "I'm obviously not as happy as you are." He winked at Dynasty and she blushed scarlet. Adam sent Andrew a smile that resembled his own.

"I'd like to think I'm the cause of that."

Dynasty huffed before pushing away from Adam's embrace and walking past them, headed for the dinning room. "You're all insufferable!"

They all grinned after her just as Jewel and Emile walked in, closing the door behind them. Jewel's face was beet red as she walked past them, retrieving Trinity and also heading for the dinning room.

They all laughed.

"Let's go then, I'm starving." Andrew said as he headed for the dinning room with the rest of the men on his tail.

"You're always hungry you little skirt chaser." Adam chuckled.

"That's an insult coming from you." Andrew said back causing Emile to burst into laughter.

Aiden stayed behind, moving toward the window and peeking out. His smile returned as the girl stood in her usual spot, biting down on her bottom lip. He let his eye wonder down her body before heading for the dinning room.

He'd be spending the rest of the week here, he thought to himself.

*I'm going to enjoy writing Aiden's story. I like how quiet he is. He's suave...lol.

Comment, Like and Share!*