She struggled uselessly in Aiden's arms. She hadn't gotten far at all. It pissed her off that she couldn't even escape the man properly. She was being carried over his shoulder, his grip on her iron clad.

She squirmed around for a bit but gave up after a moment of constant struggle.

"Aren't you going to say something? Aren't you going to yell at me or...or anything?" She asked.

His silence was frightening.

He said nothing, carrying her over the threshold of his home and slamming the door shut behind him. She cringed at the sound of the door closing. He slid her down his body then, grabbing her shoulders as she landed in front of him.

She gasped at the close proximity in which they stood. Her eyes shot up and they stared at each other. To her surprise it wasn't anger in his eyes.

Though his jaw was clenched, he didn't truly look as if he were actually angry.

"What are you?" She asked somewhat breathlessly. Her breathing was shallow. Her heart was pounding. His hands were warm on her and his gaze seemed to burn.

"I'm human." He said quietly. "Just like you are."

Her eyes widened and she licked her suddenly dry lips. "Get your hands off me." She spat.

He tilted his head at her, assessing her reaction to his words. "You like to run don't you?"

She flinched at the hint of truth in his words. She squirmed in his arms then.

"What else have you ran from?" He asked, yanking her closer, wrapping an arm around her waist. He grabbed her chin. Tilting her head back so that she was facing him. She stared up at him wide eyed. As if caught in some kind of trance.

"I'm not angry at you for running. I'm disappointed but not angry." He whispered against her lips.

Her heart fell at his words. Why did his words hurt?

Her breath caught as he leaned toward her, his lips grazing hers. She shivered almost violently at the connection. His lips had barely touched hers and yet her whole body had responded.

Confusion danced through her. Her skin was warm from his closeness. What was it about this man? She shook her head, wrenching her chin from his grasp. Her hair cascaded over her face as she stared at his chest. This was pointless.

She stood rigid in his arms. "I won't run again. I'll work off what I owe you."

Silence filled the space around them at her words.

Aiden wrapped a hand around the back of her neck, making her gasp. His fingers dug into her hair as he pulled her head back, kissing her square on the mouth. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers. She squirmed in his arms like a wild woman. But he continued to kiss her regardless of her protest. Butterflies exploded in the pit of her stomach. Her soft brown skin burst red with blushes. She pulled her lips away. "Stop it!"

Her words went unheard as he kissed her again, his lips soft and his kisses gentle. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to pretend that his kisses were far from enjoyable. Her body betrayed her. The unwavering attraction she felt for him was much more powerful than the dislike she had for him.

She melted like butter in his arms. Her hands planted on his chest as he kissed her lips with abandon.

He pulled away, kissing her cheeks, her temple and finally kissing her hair. He coaxed her back, stepping away from her.

She nearly tripped over her own feet as she moved back but he caught her, helping her stand on her feet. Her dark eyes were hooded, glazed over with growing want.

He gently ran a thumb over her kiss swollen bottom lip before sighing, a frown on his face. He ran a hand threw his hair, his eyes burning desire.

"I hope you mean that." He said, his voice vibrating through her. She flinched at the sound of it.

Just like that the pleasurable haze she was in evaporated and she remembered where she was.

She haphazardly pushed her coarse hair behind her ears. She lifted her chin, meeting his gaze head on.

"I don't need to validate my honesty."

He smiled at her, licking his lips as the determined spark in her eyes seemed to grow.

"I believe you." He said, catching her off guard.

Her heart danced and she quickly looked to the floor. This was getting out of hand. She took another step back, putting more space between them. "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not." She said.

"You're not a monster." He whispered loud enough for her to hear.

She wrapped her arms around herself, felling so exposed. She didn't like this. She didn't like him. She didn't like his kisses. She didn't even want to be here.

"Enough. I don't know what kind of game you're playing but I'm not participating in it."

She moved past him but he caught her by the arm, stopping her.

She snatched her arm away from him. Jumping away from him. "Stop touching me! Stop kissing me! Just stop it! I'm working off what I owe, I'm an employee damn it!"

He let her rant, listening to her voice as it seemed to quiver slightly.

He stayed silent as she ran past him, headed for her room. She made sure not to touch him as she stormed into the small room, slamming the door closed behind her. She leaned against the closed door, her back against the cold wood.

She sighed, her face contorting into a pained grimace as she tried to suppress the urge to cry. She couldn't quite understand it. She didn't know why it hurt to hear him say she wasn't a monster.

Maybe it was because to her she'd always been a monster. She didn't fit in with the world around her and though it wasn't obvious to the world around her...it had always been painfully obvious to her.

She ran a hand through her hair, gritting her teeth before clearing her throat. She couldn't hold it in a moment longer. She sank to the floor, wrapping her arms around her knees, she cried.

*Comment, like and share!*