9

This wasn't happening. She was imagining all of this. She rubbed at her eyes and blinked but still Aiden was sitting less than three inches away from her.

She couldn't help herself, she laughed like a mad woman. She was losing her mind in this place. She was losing her mind around this man. Every word he said to her always seemed to hint closer and closer toward the truth. She was hiding.

She was constantly hiding. She had been doing so for years and she intended on hiding for many more years to come.

She pressed herself closer to the wall, staring at the wooden floor. If she could melt into the wooden frame behind her she would have.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.

He ran a hand through his hair, his eyes melting into her. "I want you to know that there's nothing wrong with you. That the things you do are not mirror images of you are on the inside."

"Yes they are. Look at me." She spat.

He tilted his head, his eyes a shiny beckon to the darkness in her, "I am looking at you."

She blushed, her brown cheeks red.

"I am a monster. I always have been and I always will be."

"That's not what I see."

She frowned, blinking up at him. "How can you not?"

A small smile played on his lips.

"I see a woman who's hiding from something and not fully living because of it."

She chuckled dryly, "Are you a psychic?"

"No, far from it. I'm just a man with good observation skills."

She stared at him blankly for a moment before tsking, "This is complete nonsense..."

"No it isn't." He said huskily. He grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her forward. She was caught off guard and easily fell into his lap.

Her blush returned and she jumped up but froze as she ended up nose to nose with him.

Her breath caught and she swallowed nervously. Oh god...he smelled like wood and lavender and a male musk that was all him.

Her dark pupils dilated and her lips parted. Her stomach exploded with butterflies. Her breast suddenly ached.

Aiden watched the sudden quick rise and fall of her chest, the way her eyes darkened. The way her nostrils flared.

He raised a hand and cupped her cheek, she gasped and that was his undoing. He leaned toward her and kissed her with all the suppressed need he had been holding in.

He pulled her right up against him, the comforter sliding further down his torso, exposing his growing hardness.

She mumbled something incoherent against his lips as his tongue delved deep into her mouth. She melted against him, her body one wanton string in his arms. Oh, how she had longed for this. Since her first encounter with him, she had secretly longed for him to hold her as he was now.

No man had ever held her before. Nor had a man ever kissed her. And it had never truly bothered her for she had always thought herself an abomination. How could anyone truly love her when she wasn't even meant to be created?

Her thoughts suddenly consumed her and she pulled her lips away, tears forming in her dark eyes. She leaned as far away as she could get and she covered her face with her hands. She had so many mental wounds and open scars...being around Aiden was only bringing them to light.

She didn't want to face her past. She didn't want to face who she was. Or what she was.

She just wanted to belong. To fit in with the world around her that seemed to scorn anything that seemed different.

She sobbed into her hands, her body cringing with each sob.

Aiden ran a hand down her hair, gently coaxing her toward him. She shook her head, resisting his embrace. All gentleness fled and he forcefully yanked her against him. She squirmed in his hold, shaking her head wildly at being embraced.

"Stop it! Let me go! I don't need this! I don't need you! I don't need anybody!" She cried through the large tears that ran down her face and stained her cheeks.

He ignored her protesting, choosing to just hold her regardless of her refusal to be held.

After a long while of thrashing about she finally leaned into him. Crying her eyes dry. She sniffled as she wiped at her swollen eyes.

Aiden looked down at her, it was obvious that she was tormented.

He kissed her on the forehead and she closed her eyes, accepting his affection. He leaned back, holding her face in his hands. He kissed temples, her wet cheeks and even her closed eyes. He kissed the tip of her nose and she couldn't help herself...she giggled.

The sound surprised him and he paused his pursuit of kisses to stare down at her with wide eyes. It was a wonderful sound. So filled with innocence and wonder, almost as if she hadn't ever truly laughed.

He smiled at her then, his lips parting to flash his pearly white teeth as he shook his head. His eyes twinkled.

She stared up at him, dumbfounded. She had thought him handsome before but with a smile on his face he was like a honey colored Adonis.

She blinked, for his smile was almost blinding.

"That's a wonderful sound." He mumbled against her lips before kissing her.

She didn't even have time to respond before his lips met hers.

*Comment, like and share!*