Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

"The Dance That Started Everything"

"C'mon you have to go to!." My mother pleaded as I studies for a History Exam.

"No mom, There's always so much drama that happens at school events. Especially when the jocks and preppy students are going. I'm not up for it." I plugged my earbuds in to signal that I was done with this conversation and wanted to be alone.

Arabella's got some interstellar-gator skin boots

and a helter skelter 'round her little finger and i ride it endlessly'

I hummed the song to Arabella by Arctic Monkeys, when suddenly my mom bursted through the door with a purple dress in her hand.

Oh no.

"Let's go put it on!" She ordered as she left the room. She's got to be kidding if she thinks I'm going to go to the dance.

I left the room to grab a juice box when I saw Blake pacing around the living room.

"You okay?" I said taking a seat at one of the couches. He looked at me and he looked fine. But I was his twin I knew how he really felt.

"No." I knew this was one of those times that you really needed a twin to be there for you.

"I told Amanda I couldn't go to the dance because I was failing history and I needed to study." Amanda was Blake's girlfriend and they have been together for 2 years now. They were going strong. "Then I thought to myself, 'I'm Blake Ames, of course I'm failing History.' and I decided it wouldn't make a difference if i went or not. I could still remember Amanda's face when I told her I couldn't go and I felt guilty. So today I dressed up and went to her house to take her to the dance. I even had roses in my hand. But when I walked in, I saw Amanda on the couch kissing another guy." I studied Blake's face and saw sadness cover it. I wanted to punch Amanda in the face so hard right now.

Blake looked at me, "And that's where we are now. I came rushing here and told you".

I hugged my brother.

He really needed it.

We stayed like this for a while until the door bell rang. Before we could react someone already opened the door. I looked and saw Amanda walk in with guilt on her face.

Blake stood up from the couch to go face Amanda.

"Let me explain!" Amanda said.

"There's nothing to explain. I saw what I saw" Blake's voice was getting deeper and I knew that meant he was trying to keep his emotions in.

"No, but I love you!"

There was a silent pause, as Blake raised his head from looking at his shoes to look at Amanda.

"How could you?" The tone in Blake's voice made me want to comfort him. He sounded so... sad.

"I'm sorry! It didn't mean anything!" Amanda was giving Blake a pleading look as she tried to grab his hand. Blake pulled away as fast as lightning.

"No." His voice was so firm and he looked pissed. "Something like this isn't an "accident" and if you really did love me you wouldn't have done it." He used air quotations as he spoke.

Blake started looking for something and moved frantically around the room.

"What are you doing?" Blake ignored Amanda and kept looking for whatever he needed.

"Babe-" He immediately turned towards Amanda and gave her a hurtful glare. She abruptly stopped and looked down as if her shoes were the most interesting thing in the world.

Blake opened a drawer and pulled out his keys. Sarah came from the bedroom soon as Blake was half way out the door.

"I'll be back." Blake was about to slam the door, but Sarah stopped it with her foot.

Gosh that must've hurt.

And with that they both walked out the door.

"Your such a slut, Amanda." I said looking at her with so much disgust.

She looked at me with a weird smile.

"Took you this long to notice?" I was a little taken back by her answer.

"After I caught you with Luke, I thought you would stop. You said it meant nothing and for me to say nothing."

"Blake and I was just for my reputation. I can't have the student body thinking I'm a slut and that I have STD's and stuff."

I was seriously sickened by the sight of Amanda.

"I swear Amanda, one day this is going to bite you in the ass."

Suddenly I heard a loud crash outside. Curiosity killed me and I ran outside to see what had happened.

I saw my brother's car smashed and flipped side ways. I saw tons of people with their phones out calling an ambulance. I ran to the car and saw my brother, Blake, and my mother, Sarah. At this point I forgotten all about Amanda.

I couldn't go any closer because I'd probably faint. I didn't want to pull them out to accidentally hurt them or something. I waited until an ambulance arrived.

But when they did, I almost fainted.

Blood. Blood. Blood was all I saw. Dripping down her face. Dripping down his face. They both looked terrible.

"Mom! Mom!" I yelled as the ambulance strolled her pass me on a stretcher. "Blake! Blake!" After I saw Blake being pushed passed me with a stretcher I cried. I couldn't stop. They kept flowing.

I jumped onto the ambulance van in the back as they loaded both my mom and Blake into the van.

"Mom!" She was conscious while Blake wasn't. "Mom!"

Her eyes were barely open, but she managed to say,

"Samantha, I love you, I love your father, and I love your brother. S-Some" she coughed up blood and now her words were getting distant. I lowered my ear to her mouth. "Sometimes you have to forget what's gone and appreciate what still remains-" She coughed up more blood and couldn't finish her sentence.

"Mom? Mom! Remains what?" I frantically yelled while nurses pushed me out of the way and tried saving her. More tears came and I couldn't help, but keep thinking about my mother's unfinished sentence.

Sometimes you have to forget what's gone and appreciate what still remains..

Author's Note

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D

It was more of a memory/flashblack, but I felt it was needed to understand what actually happened.

Anyways let's get this chapter to 15 votes and 35 commments! <--- Ill update sooner :)