Die For Me

*Emily's Point Of View*

"I can't believe Josh is dead." It was impossible, we were with him like two hours ago.

"I can't believe how he died." Matt sighed, looking down at the snow as we walked to the cable car station.

"No, I mean, what if they were wrong? Maybe we should have checked to see if it was really true." Chris and Ashley did seem to be on the verge of losing it, and all that blood on Ashley did hint at what happened, but I just couldn't believe it.

"I don't know Em. There are some things that once you see them, you can never un-see them."

"Yeah I guess, but some things you have to see for yourself."

"I'll take their word for it." Matt's voice lowered, and he sounded annoyed, probably at the fact that I was doubting Chris and Ashley when it was pretty obvious that what they were saying was true. No one can fake something like that.

I shut up as we arrived to the station and walked silently beside Matt to the door. Matt found an ax stuck to the door and after a couple of tries managed to pull it out and look at me triumphantly. I walked to the door ignoring him and tried the doorknob; locked. I looked around to see if there was any other way in and my eyes landed on the ax.

"Well break the door down will ya?" Matt looked at me as if I was stupid.

"Whoa, wait a second. We start smashing shit down he's gonna hear us." He was right, but I didn't much appreciate being looked at like I was insane.

"Got any better suggestions?" Matt looked around and pointed at the window.

"That's great Matt. I can just about fit my lip balm trough that little slot." If I was crazy, he was downright insane.

Matt rolled his eyes and made a few attempts at further opening the window with no real success. After a bit he gave up and walked back to the door, putting himself in a ready position to chop down the door.

"Just do it!" I was losing my patience with this whole situation and Matt wasn't making things easier.

After a couple of lunges the door opened and I stepped in first, tripping on something and almost falling on my face. I looked for the light switch as Matt walked in and we both gasped as the light came on. The place was turned upside down. Items were sprawled all over, things were broken, and the cable car was dragged about fifty feet from the station.

"We were here just a few hours ago, what the hell happened?" Through a window into the control room we could see the word 'Die' written in what appeared to be red paint all over the walls.

"What the fuck is going on?" Matt held the ax ready, in case the killer was lurking in the shadows somewhere.

"It's gotta be the guy... The one who got to Chris and Ash... and Josh." I tried not to think about that and the fact that we could probably die any minute too. He knows this is our only way back, and he destroyed it and decorated it knowing one of us was going to come here looking for a way out. I glanced at the cable car and back at Matt.

"Can you jump it?" He was athletic, maybe he could make it.

"I'm good Em, but not that good. Flattered though."

I looked around once again in desperation and decided to just go into the control room and look around. The room was empty and worse than what it looked like from the window. Soon after Matt walked in behind me and walked straight to the controls, groaning in disbelief when he saw that the key to the ignition was missing.

"What about the radio tower on this map?" I had picked up one of the framed maps laying around and pointed the fire tower at Matt, which was not far from here.