Insanity

*Abby*

Chris and Mike were ahead of us, dragging an unconscious Josh as we silently walked through the corridors. Sam and Ashley were helping me move forward at a steady pace as we made our way back to the lodge. Sam wouldn't look at any of us for more than two seconds, and she kept throwing glances at Josh's limp body. Ash was just silent, looking down at the floor and holding on to my arm for dear life. I just wanted this to be over, I wanted the sun to rise and be able to leave this place.

We eventually reached the basement and, after struggling up the stairs with Josh and my hurt ankle, the living room. Ash led me to the couch and we sat down looking at the dark and cold fireplace while Mike and Chris sat Josh down and thought about what to do next. The worst was now over, but we still had no idea of where Matt and Emily were, or if they were okay.

"They'd left to go get help." Chris said, taking a seat next to me on the couch.

"When was that?" Mike crouched down next to the fireplace, probably not wanting to let his guard down.

"I'm not sure, like a few hours ago." Mike just nodded and looked at the floor.

"So what do we do about him?" I pointed at Josh. Chris looked at me with confusion for a second.

"We need to keep him away from us until help comes." Mike answered quickly, standing up.

"What are you going to do?" Sam spoke up, looking miserable.

"We could tie him up somewhere, no let him move." Ashley responded for him, looking towards Josh with genuine fear in her eyes.

Mike left to the kitchen to look for something to tie Josh up with, Chris leaned his head on my shoulder and sighed. My body felt cold and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to look at Josh. I thought he had died, I blamed myself for it for so long, so did Chris, I could tell from the way he avoided looking his way too. Sam had seen a video of his body being cut in half, Ashley was covered in blood from head to toe, Mike lost Jessica for the sake of a good prank, and who knows were Matt and Emily were, or if they were okay.

Mike came back with the rope and several other stuff, but before he could do anything Sam took the rope from him and walked over to Josh. He looked at her for a second before walking over to us and sitting down on the little coffee table in front of me. After putting the bandages to the side, Mike reached down and gently lifted my foot onto his lap. I was too tired and embarrassed to protest as he took off my boot and sock, revealing my swollen ankle. He tenderly lifted my foot and wrapped and ice pack around it, making sure not to wrap it too tight and hurt me.

"Thank you..." I was hesitant, not sure if talking to him would drive him away again. Mike just nodded and looked away, not wanting to meet my gaze, my foot awkwardly resting on his lap.

"Um, Chris, could you pass me some cushions? To elevate my foot." Chris quickly nodded and grabbed a bunch. Mike moved out of the way carefully and lifted my foot so that Chris could put the cushions underneath.

"We should take Josh somewhere else, away from the girls." Mike let my foot drop a bit too harshly, surprised by Chris' sudden statement, and I tried my best no to wince in pain.

"Where do you want to take him?" He glanced at me apologetically and back at Chris as he said that. Chris thought for a second before responding.

"What about the shed? It's not too far, but far enough away to keep them safe." Mike nodded silently and looked at all of us for approval.

Sam and Ashley nodded their heads and I just sat there looking at my foot. Mike was the reason I wasn't crying hysterically and losing my mind, I had become too dependent on his presence. Josh then started stirring in the couch, slowly regaining consciousness. There wasn't any time to debate this issue any further, Mike and Chris quickly grabbed Josh by the arm and started dragging him away to the shed.