The Nightmare

*Abby*

The swelling in my ankle had gone down considerably after having it in the ice pack for a while and it almost felt okay enough to walk on. Ashley and Sam had filled me in on what happened to them in the past couple of hours, giving me all the details. Josh had planned out everything and had made sure not to leave anything out. Every conversation, every moment, every laugh, it had all been an act on his part. I held Sam's hand as I listened to Ash tell her story, squeezing it gently when she either looked away or held back a sob.

"... Chris saved me both times, he would have died for me, Abby. You don't understand how grateful I am to have someone so caring in my life." Ashley was crying, but the smile on her face reassured me a little.

"What about you, Abby? What happened in those couple of hours? How did you end up with Mike?" Sam eyed me curiously, waiting for an answer.

I knew exactly what I didn't want to say. I didn't want to mention anything relating the psycho we followed around the sanatorium, or how much it didn't make sense that Josh was in two places at the same time. I wasn't going to mention Mike's kindness and the things he said to me, there was no point. More than anything, I was absolutely not mentioning the monsters I would continuously see out of the corners of my eyes all the time as part of some weird hallucination.

"Well, when Josh ran out I chased after him to comfort him. I followed an obvious path set for me that led to the shed. When I got there, he was coming out of the shed with a mask on and a different change of clothes all covered in blood. After what had happened in the seance, I freaked out and screamed, getting his attention. When he walked towards me I just blindly ran away from him and lost sense of where I was for a while. I ended up falling down a hill and getting completely lost. As I was trying to make my way back I heard Jess screaming for Mike and tried to help, but we were too late. Mike then let me follow him around as we made our way back to the lodge." Ashley nodded her head and started rambling about how lucky I had been to find Mike, but Sam just looked at me, knowing I had let some things out.

Ashley and Sam both had had close encounters with Josh, so that must have meant he was around here the whole time. Mike and I followed what we thought was the psycho to the sanatorium, and the whole time he was around. That meant there was another person involved with all of this, and that also meant this wasn't over. If that was the case, then Josh really wasn't responsible for Jessica's death, at least not directly. I stood up and walked over to Chris, meaning to ask about Mike, when horrifying screams followed by incessant banging on the front door caused us to jump out of our skins.

"Let me in! Let me IN!" it was a girl, and for a fleeting second I thought it was Jessica.

"It's Em!" Sam ran towards the front door with Chris and Ashley right behind her, my second of false hope gone.

"Let her in, quick!" I made my way quickly to the front door and held on to Ashley as we watched a nearly frozen and terrified Emily stumble into the lodge.

"Shut the door! Oh my god-- shut the door!!!" Em dragged herself back further into the lodge and Chris hastily did as she asked.

"Oh my god, I didn't think that I'd make it--"

"Are you okay?" Sam calmly led her to the couch and sat here in what was previously my spot, trying to soothe her a little.

"There was something--" Em was having a really hard time speaking, and the guys bombarding her with questions wasn't really helping.

"Where's Matt--" Where was Matt?

"Something's out there--"Em completely ignored Ash, still focused on the 'something'.