Waking up

A.N- this is the sequel to taken. I was going to leave it off at where it was but recent events have caused me to dive back in and channel Rachel and develop her character more. Enjoy!

I woke up in the dark, thick chains wrapped around my arms. Everything came flooding back to me. Ash and Trip and Lisa. Everything that has happened over the past weeks. I cringed and tried to hold back tears that involuntarily fell.
"The catalyst." I heard a sneer from behind me. A few steps and she was in front of me. I felt the presence of her by my cheek. Her finger tips brushed across the sides of my face and behind my head. I realized the room wasn't dark I was just blind folded.
Light flooded the room and in front of me was a slender woman dressed in black leather pants, a black tank top and killer 6 inch heeled leather boots. I wondered how she could walk.
She lowered her head to my ear. "It's going to be real fun with you around," she whispered and suddenly pushed the chair that I was sitting on over. Pain sprang through the back of my head and shot down into my toes.
The woman towered above me, making me feel as small as I could ever feel. He lifted her leg and plowed her heel into my stomach. I cried out and she cackled a thunderous laugh. "Yeah, it will be real fun." She lifted her leg and I tried to move, to caress my stomach which felt like it was on fire.
The ropes were too tight and I couldn't free myself. "Why are you doing this?" I cried.
"Simple. You're the catalyst." She said and flashed a grin that revealed her long fangs. I gasped and realized that I wasn't in the hands of people like Lisa and Trip. I was in the hands of evil.
The woman withdrew a knife from her boot and sat on top of me. She dragged the knife along the side of my cheek and I felt the warm blood drip down. She grabbed my chin and leaned over, licking the blood off my face, smiling an evil smile the whole time.
I cringed and tried to pull away but between her and the chains I was stuck right where she wanted me. "What have I ever done to you?" I cried.
She put the knife down calmly. Not the good type of calm, the terrifying calm.
She looked me in the eyes and said, "You're people have murdered my kind for centuries." She swung her hand back and struck my cheek. "And if you ever talk to me when I don't address you, you will face even greater torture than you could imagine.
She strides out of the room, taking the knife with her, and leaving me tied to the flipped over chair.
I looked around for options. Any possibility of getting out.
'Ash!' I thought, only to be rewarded with pain as I remembered his gruesome death. Tears flooded down my face  I could no longer controls them and I sobbed violently in the cold room.
••••
I couldn't tell how much time had passed that I had been lying on the floor before the woman entered again. She pushed the chair up off the ground, slamming it and me up right on the floor.
She walked over to the wall and back to me. She continued doing this for a while. Pacing back and forth and back and forth. Suddenly she stopped. Turning to me she smiled mischievously and walked out.
What was she going to do now? I wondered. Violent images of torture ran through my mind. Things I saw on TV and read in books flashed through my mind. Then I heard a click.
Water started to pour through these spouts on the wall and puddled on the ground.
She was going to drown me. Here I was, the catalyst, going to drown, tied helplessly to a chair in a room filling up with water. I started to laugh with the irony. I laughed maniacally. The water had risen to just below my knees. Well at least it wouldn't take a long time. Then the water trickled down to a little spout.
It felt like hours until it was in to my lap. Even longer till it reached my chest. The hysteria was long gone now and I was in a panic. I couldn't move too much , or else the chair might fall over and into the water. I pulled my hands. Maybe the water would help them slip past the metal cuffs. It didn't work and soon the water was up to my shoulders.
I had run out of options. I've run out of ideas. No one is hear to help me. There's no kindness here. No mercy. No Ash. The water was just above my chin and I knew it wouldn't take long for it to cover my mouth and nose. I'd never believed in God before, but now it seemed like the only thing I could do was pray. Pray that the after life wasn't that bad. Pray that I would find Ash and the others their. Pray that my mom would be okay. The water covered my mouth and tears poured from my eyes.
'Look at me, contributing to this flood with my tears,' I thought bitterly. The water nearly reached up to my nose before there was a churning nose.
The water seemed like it was being sucked back down. The level dropped quickly, leaving me drenched in the cold. It didn't take me long to start shivering. Not long after that the woman walked in. "Interesting," she hummed.