The Cure

It had been two weeks since Tavern, Sasha, Neil, Wisteria, Izzy and Graham had returned. Sahsa had explained that they had just gotten into the building when the witches attacked. They bolted for Tavern's room, where Lucifer stood waiting with his soldiers surrounding him. Tavern was able to grab the necklace while they fought their way out. They were on their way out of the palace when they ran into another group of soldiers. They were able to get out with only a few scratches, except for Tavern. A soldier had pulled out a hidden dagger and plunged into Tavern's torso. 

They continued to flee, getting t the nearest harbor, where they stole a ship and fled to the ocean. They were able to patch up Tavern as best as they could. Fortunately, it didn't take them long to get to Lefiern's island, where Yessica had been able to heal Tavern as best she could, but it hadn't been enough, Tavern was in a coma. This had begun to wear down on the crew, on me. Silence had overtaken us. No one had spoken in days. I barely left Taverns side. The worry was like a stone in my stomach, as time went on it got heavier. I was losing hope. We all were. Until Yessica had told us the best news we had heard in weeks.

"I know what can help her." Yessica said one night over dinner. Whispers erupted of the crew, banishing the silence that was once there.

"What is it?" Lefiern's voice quieted the murmurs.

"Water from the Well of Ryne," Yessica responded confidently. This provoked more whispers over the crew. I had never heard of the Well of Ryne before. I didn't know what all the fuss was about.

"I will send a team out to retrieve it. They will have to take the Tajna; Lucifer is no doubt on the lookout for this boat." Lefiern said.

"What's the Tajna? And where's the Well of Ryne?" I asked.

"The Tajna is a boat we have. It has been spelled so that only this crew can see it. And the Well of Ryne is where river Styxx and river Acheron meet. The Well's water has healing powers; it will heal anyone it comes into contact with." Neil answered.

"I'll take Tavern to the well." Izzy volunteered.

"It's not safe to move her. Whoever goes will have to bring back the water." Yessica responded.

"I'll go, then." Leda stated.

"I will send five people; you decide among yourselves." Lefiern said. "Yessica, I would lie to talk to you in my cabin." The two of them left.

"I'll go," Izzy and Wisteria said at the same time.

"I'm going." I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Lucifer probably has the whole continent looking for you. The last thing we need is for you to get taken, sweetheart." Graham said. I frowned.

"You said the ship, Tajna, is invisible to everyone but the crew, right?" I asked Neil and he nodded. "So there should be no problem if I go, they won't see me."

"I still think that's a bad idea," Graham argued, running a hand through his blond hair.

"She's my friend, I'm going," I insisted.

"She's our friend, too." Graham retorted. "It's too risky if you go. Stay here."

"No, I-"

"So it's Leda, Izzy, Wisterias, Neil and I?" Graham interrupted. The crowd unanimously shook their head, all except for me. "It's settled then."

"Graham, I can't just sit here and do nothing. I need to go." I said.

"It's been settled, princess" Graham said and walked to the captain's cabin before I had a chance to retort. He knocked on the door. 'Who the hell was he calling princess?' I thought.

I looked at Leda."Please," I pleaded, "Leda..."

"He's right, it's too dangerous. I'm sorry." She said. "I have to go get ready to leave."

I looked at the others but none of them returned my gaze. I walked back to the room where Tavern lay, unconscious. "I have to go, I can't just do nothing. You've done everything thing for me. It's time I repay you." I whispered so quietly I barely heard myself say it.

If they wouldn't let me go, I would have to find a way to go without them knowing. I could sneak onto the other boat, and stay there until it's too late for them to bring me back. They would have to let me stay. "I will see you soon, Tavern." I whispered and walked back onto the deck, seeking out Leda.

"When are you guys leaving?" I asked her once I found her.

 "Tomorrow morning," she responded.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"Yes, we could use some help bringing the supplies down to the Tajna." I heard Graham say from behind me. I turned to meet his gaze.

"Sure, just tell me what to grab," I replied. He gestured to a sack of rice that lay on the ground. I bent down and picked it up, that thing weighed about 50 pounds, and I was thrown off balance by the unexpected heaviness. I stumbled a few steps and Graham sighed.

"I'll take that," Graham said. "You take this." He held out a box about the size of a tissue box. 

"I've got it," I snarled and walked away carrying the bag of rice. I stopped when I got to the dock. I had no idea where I was supposed to go. I set down the bag.

"Need help now, Miss Stubborn?" Graham said as he walked by carrying a barrel over his shoulder.

"No," I said and picked up the bag. "I just didn't know where the ship was." 

"Follow me, your Highness," Graham smirked as he continued walking.

"Dick," I muttered under my breath. He snorted. I followed him down the docks which had dozens of ships of all sizes tethered to it. Finally we approached one of the smaller ships which was painted black and had white lettering that read 'Tajna.' I stepped onto the ship after Graham and set down the bag. I sat down next to it, trying to catch my breath.

"Need to be carried back, princess?" Graham taunted. 

"Don't call me that," I said. 

"Aw, does it bother you, sweet heart?" He grinned. I stood up.

"Fuck you, blondie," Two could play at this game. 

"In your dreams, babe." He said and jumped onto the docks.

"More like nightmares." I called after him. He flipped me off and kept walking. I looked around the ship for a place to hide. I would have to sneak out while everyone is asleep and wait until we sail away. I moved around a few barrels and bags of food to create a space big enough for me to sit in. I made sure that you couldn't see it from various angles. I would hide there. I would help Tavern, and no one, especially not Graham would stop me.

(AN- finally finished this chapter. Expect another one soon! Don't forget to comment, I love to hear your opinions, ideas and suggestions.)