Preparations

(A.N- I know that the map looks like a kindergarteners work but I figured this would help everyone get a better understanding of the world. Also comment if you would like me to start a series of short stories about Tavern's past! Enjoy!)

It was around 7 o'clock when I decided to go find Ash. I called Lucifer in and demanded he let me go by myself. So he teleported me to San Fransisco outside of a hotel where Ash was staying. He warned me about being invisible and soundless to the humans and then left, claiming to return in two hours. I walked into the building cautiously and snooped to see what room he was staying in. Room 115. I took the stairs, for it was only 2 floors of walking. When I got to his room I put my ear up to the door and listened. I heard voices, 2 male voices and one female. I leaned up against the door to make up what they were saying.
"She has to be here somewhere. I don't know where else she could be." I heard Lisa's voice.
"We will find her." Trip comforted her.
"We have looked everywhere. There's no where else to look." Ash said.
"We will double check then." Lisa scolded.
"I think-I think," Ash sighed, "it's time to give up."
"Ash-" Lisa said, dumbfounded.
"I agree with Ash." Another female voice piped in, one I didn't recognize. "We have been looking for her way too long. You guys need to face the fact that we will never find her. Ash has moved on, you should too. Ash is right." My heart dropped to my stomach. Moved on? What did that mean. But they were going to stop looking for me. I couldn't believe it. I realized it was selfish of me to want them to continue looking, that they wouldn't find me no matter how hard they tried. I shouldn't want them to waste there whole lives for a lost cause.
"Thank you, love," Ash said. Ash had moved on. It felt like a hole had been ripped through my lungs and into my heart. I couldn't breath. I fell to my knees drowning in thoughts. It hurt more than anything I could think of. I was torn between being happy that he was able to move on, to be happy but-but he just gave up. He gave up on me. I heard their voices again, indistinct this time. I couldn't bring myself to put my ear against the door. I couldn't bring myself to do anything. God was I pathetic. Loosing all capability because a stupid boy had moved on. Moved on before I could. I was pathetic because I was hurt because he was happy. I could only imagine how long it would take for him to forget about me. "Good bye." I heard clearly this time. Right from the other side of the door. I rose and presses against the wall. The door opened and I saw Ash-
Ash and his girl friend. And she was gorgeous. Prettier than I could ever be. Almost as beautiful as Tavern. She had dyed blue hair and blue eyes-the same shade as Ash's. She was petite and short.
Ash swung an arm around her shoulders and held her close. "Where do you want to eat?" He asked.
"Anywhere you want to babe." She stood on her tippy toes to plant a kiss on his cheek. They walked past me, not glancing in my direction. I called Lucifer and asked him to bring me home. Home, I thought bitterly, when had Hell become my home.

•••••

I woke up to a maid shaking my shoulders. "Lady Rachel it is time to get ready! Today's the big day." I groaned and rolled over. I was not ready for this. Not after what happened with-no I would not think about thing today. I rolled to the edge of the bed, throwing off the covers in the process. I pushed myself up into a sitting position and rubbed at my eyes. There were about 10 maids in the room, and all of them were busy save for the one looking at me patiently. She blinked and I stood up from the bed.
She grabbed my hand and pulled me to a raised platform in the middle of the room. The maids all circled around me and got to work. Some pulled cosmetics onto my face and others pulled stockings onto my legs. Talk about multitasking.
My stomach growled. "What about breakfast? And lunch? I wouldn't want to ruin the dress or the make up." I said. The maid who woke my up handed me a glass of-well I didn't know what it was.
"It will fill you up, with out having to worry about putting on to much weight. You want to look as skinny as possible for your day." She said. I looked at the glass is distain.
"Skinny? I'd rather not pass out from famine. Can I please have actually food?" The maid nodded and rushed to the door. A few minutes later she came back with a tray of pancakes, orange juice, toast and some strawberries. Skinny my ass.
I scarfed down the food as quickly as possible for the maids kept warning me about wasting time. I barely had any time to savor the flavor as the pulled my back to the platform and continued on. Now that the hair and make up was done, the maid, Sal, who woke me up carried the dress over. She treated it as if it was the most rarest and porcelain of Jewels. A maid untied the string to my robe and I let it fall off my shoulders. When I shimmied into the dress it still felt as soft as it had the first time I wore it. Sal helped me pull on a pair of while silk gloves and her second in command, or so it seemed, pulled on a pair of plain white high heels onto my feet. Sal walked me over to a mirror and I peered at myself.
I actually looked beautiful. They had done an amazing job with the cosmetics and the dress looked amazing. It seemed to create the illusion of curves, something I desperately lacked. "T-thank you. I stuttered. The maids cleared the room, saying that they will be back and chiding me on when they will be back and what to do and what not to do so that I don't ruin the outfit and cosmetics. I simply nodded and I was relieved when they finally left.