Chapter 27 ~ The Pack

"No. No, let me see him!" I screamed at Felix as I banged on the giant wood door in the pitch black room. His taunting laugh lingered from the hallway as he walked away, leaving dead silence behind.

"No, no, no...please." I sobbed, sinking to the floor and clutching my knees to my chest. I sat there in dark silence, my hearing hyper aware of every little squeak and sound. I jumped when multiple screams filled the air. Are they feeding? With shaky hands, I covered my ears and tucked my head between my knees, playing my lullaby through my head over and over.

"Felix... Let me see the girl." Aro's demented voice whispered from behind the door. I didn't hear Felix respond, but the heavy wood door creaked open slowly to reveal Aro, covered in blood, flanked by Jane and Alec. Tanya stood behind them, smiling evilly.

"We're ready for our desert now, sweet Bella," Aro purred, stepping closer and into the dark room.

"This won't hurt... Too much." Jane laughed, her high pitch voice ringing in my ears. They were all immersed in darkness when I started screaming.

"Bella!" Alice called, shaking me. I sucked in a deep breath and opened my eyes, expecting to see still the darkness from my nightmare. I sighed in relief when I was met by Alice's butterscotch eyes right on top of me.

"Alice, " I breathed.

"Are you OK? You were screaming!" she trilled, sitting back so she was on the edge of my bed. I nodded, not quite able to talk yet.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head no, not wanting to think about it.

"I'm going to take a shower and get dressed." I told her, getting up and heading into the bathroom. I turned the water on hot and undressed, not looking at myself in the mirror. My chest ached and my stomach was queasy...the effect of being away from Edward.

I stood under that shower head for a long while, probably too long. There was so much going through my head and it was hard to sort through everything. I let the spray wash down my back, attempting to let it relax my muscles. I wasn't sure what time it was, especially since I slept so long, but I figured I had been in here long enough and should eat something.

Surprisingly, Alice hadn't come in and try to pull me out of here... Maybe it hadn't been as long as I thought. I pulled a towel around me and wiped off the mirror, brushing my teeth quickly and thoroughly before stepping out of the steaming room.

I sighed as I stepped into the empty room and went to the dresser to get a pair of black skinny jeans, a T-shirt and another one of Edward's hoodies. Once I was dressed, Alice knocked on the door, not waiting for me to answer her though before coming right on in.

"Feeling better?" she asked, her eyebrow raised. I shrugged. I had forgotten about my nightmare for the most part.

"Ya, I'm fine."

"Are you hungry?" Alice questioned.

"Not really, but I should probably eat." Alice nodded in agreement, holding out her hand for me to take.

I took it easily, giving her a small smile. She led me quickly down the hall and into the kitchen, ignoring everyone's looks as we passed through the living room. I sat down at the island and folded my arms on the table in front of me.

"Alice, why were they all staring at me like that?" the crowd carried blank stares, but at the same time seemed nervous, "Did something happen with the wolves?" Alice threw me a 'don't be ridiculous' look over her shoulder, but otherwise said nothing. Silently, she popped a plate in the microwave and hit start. Almost immediately the warm aroma of Esme's stir fry filled the room. Alice scrunched her nose as she took the steaming plate out and set it in front of me.