Chapter 26 ~ Separation

I woke abruptly, heaving in breaths as I sat up in bed, my eyes glazed over and my hands shaking.

“Bella,” Edward’s voiced called followed by the featherlight touch of his fingers trailing my back. He sat up with me, one arm supporting his weight and mine as he stretched it out behind me. I leaned back into him and released my breath as I rested my head on his shoulder.

“Nightmare...I don’t even remember now.” I breathed, knowing he could hear me.

“You weren’t talking either, you haven’t moved all night,” he informed me, kissing the top of my head.

“What time is it?”

Almost nine...you should sleep more,” I shook my head, smiling slightly at his concerned tone.

“I got plenty...just too fast.” I looked up at him, “What’s everyone doing?”

He shrugged, “Everyone is in the living room...Bree’s here, with the person she went to look for while we were in Italy.”

“Oh that’s right...what’s his name?” I wondered, “Where did she find him?”

Edward chuckled, “His name is Fred and, well...she says she found him in Canada, not too far from Vancouver.”

“And he was a part of Victoria’s army too? I mean...he left but,”

“Yes, he left a few days before and offered for Bree to come, but she stayed for other reasons...Fred told her he would wait for her once those reasons were dealt with.”

“And you aren’t going to tell me?” I smirked up at him, he grinned back at me, kissing my nose.

“Not my place to tell, love.” I giggled, rolling my eyes.

“Should’ve known...can I meet him?” Edward took a deep breath and shifted his eyes down from mine to his shirt and down to my cover-clad legs then back up to my eyes to see me smile slightly.

“Are you sure I can’t just keep you here?” he sighed, leaning forward to kiss my jaw. I bit my lip and leaned my head to the side to give him more room. The arm that was behind me curled around  my torso and brought me down so I was laying on his chest. Edward tangled his legs with mine as he continued to kiss my neck and jaw, making it very difficult to think straight. I pulled away from him to kiss him myself and give him a taste of his own medicine.

“God Bella,” he groaned as I sucked on his ear lobe. His hands gripped my waist under his shirt I wore and rubbed up higher higher until I could feel him grazing the undersides of my breasts.

“Please,” I groaned, taking one of my hands and urging him to touch me. He kissed me hard as he did, feeling and pulling as he moved. I ground my hips into his, feeling his hardness beneath me. Edward moved his hands to my hips and pressed me into him harder, moving to suck on the junction of my neck and shoulder. My hands pulled his hair and traveled his chest, moving lower and lower until--

“Goodmorning!” Alice exclaimed, throwing open the door and standing with her hands on her hips. I thought I saw Emmet standing behind her in the hallway, a giant grin on his face. I groaned in embarrassment and hid in Edward’s neck as he tugged me flat to him and pulled the cover over us quickly, hiding us from their view.

“Alice, leave. You can’t just barge in.” he growled, tightening his hold to my waist. I peaked out from the corner of my eye to see Alice roll her eyes, but come in and sit down in a chair anyways.

“Oh it’s not like I haven’t seen anything from you two before,” she told us, making both Edward and I groan. Edward slid me off of him and placed us so we lay on our sides, me in front of him.