Chapter 6 ~ News

I didn’t exactly want my dream to end; I never wanted it to end, but my body had other ideas then staying in Edward’s arms forever. I was stiff and it felt like I hadn’t moved all night, though I am sure I did. I groaned and rolled over, but something stopped my movement once I was on my other side. Cold iron fretters held my waist and pulled me backwards as my eyes flew open to see I was just about to roll off the bed. My breath escaped me as I was pulled back, into what I could only guess as a body. I knew this wasn’t Alice, definitely not Jasper, so who—Edward. It wasn’t a dream, he was here…my heart started pounding in my chest as a huge, wide smile overtook my face. I quickly turned and hugged him tightly to my being, wrapping my legs around his and my arms around his neck. He chuckled and pulled me closer yet, his head burrowed in my hair.

“Good morning love,” he whispered into my hair. I relaxed into his chest and hummed contently.

“Good morning…” I said back with a hoarse voice. Neither of us said anything for a while, though I know that he knew I had questions of my own. I looked up to meet his eyes, black with thirst, reminding me of our banter last night. I brought my finger up to run under his eyes. He was already shaking his head, knowing what I was going to say. It wasn’t like I wanted him to leave; I never did for that matter. But he needed to hunt and keep himself healthy.

“You have to Edward,” I told him, “you have to take care of yourself.”

“Do you want me to leave?” He reciprocated; a knowing answer in his eyes. I didn’t have to answer, but I did to make a point.

“No. Never, but it’s necessary.” I whispered.

“You’re to forgiving Bella. How can you forgive me so easily? I hurt you…” He vented out of the blue. I wasn’t sure what to say. I couldn’t hear what he was saying next, as he was muttering under his breath, but I assumed that he was talking to himself, as he wasn’t looking at me.

“Edward,” I broke into his venting. When he didn’t stop I put my hand over his mouth, he stopped talking immediately, his eyes turning warm. He exhaled through his nose and kissed my palm, pulling my hand away from his mouth but keeping it in his hand.

“You thought you were doing what was right, we’re back together now…can we move on? I forgive you and I love you. Please?” I whimpered as he looked into my now tear filled eyes. He nodded and pulled me closer into his chest.

“Are you hungry? I could make you breakfast in bed?” He said against my hair, saturating it with his cool breath. I nodded, but wanted to get up. He understood when I started squirming against him, causing him to chuckle. Edward helped me to stand, knowing I usually get light headed after lying down for a while. I tried to hide my smile at his over protectiveness by just going down the stairs as he held my hand and watched me carefully.

He sat me at the table so he could find me breakfast, which was pretty close to a fail. He got down the bowl and spoon, but couldn’t find the cereal. I got up and wrapped my arms around his waist, kissing his chest and making him relax before turning to the one cabinet he hadn’t opened and taking out the cereal to pour in the glass bowl. His eyes held a playful glare, lips pouted and arms crossed. Edward watched me as I took my bowl and set it on the table after pouring milk into it. I’m glad I went shopping yesterday.  

He hadn’t moved for a while, making me laugh as I ate, not the best idea. Edward soon came over with the most concerned look on his face, making me think he thought I would choke. Well, I guess it had happened before, ONCE, might I add.

“Be careful, love, I don’t want to have you chocking…” I rolled my eyes at him, but appeased him by stopping my laughter.

“You’re too funny Edward.” Now he rolled his eyes. “So, what now?” I asked, making conversation.