Chapter 1 (Strangers)

Chapter 1~

When I was little I always thought that love was over rated, and icky. I use to "eww" when I saw my parents kiss. As I grow older I realize love truly is horrible and it just hurts you in the end. Until one day that changed me, and who I was forever.

*RING* *RING*

My cell phone loudly rings in my ear. I slowly pick it up reading a text from Maddie, my best friend. The text reads "I will pick you up at 6:00pm, okay, okay?" I was suppose to go to some stupid party with her that night, for some reason I wasn't feeling good. I texted back; "I cant go". Lying, it was one of my trade marks of being a teenager. I know, I know its not good but I use to not care about anything. My life was boring, like deathly boring. Sometimes I wish someone would throw a rock at my head; that would make my life more interesting. *Ring* *Ring* "okay, well ttyl (:"

My head is throbbing in pain, I decide to take a quick shower to sooth the pain. When I get out my cell phone rings. No one ever calls me, everyone knows I hate talking on the phone; and when someone does call I rarely pick up. This time around I picked up. A deep, raspy voice saying "Lock your doors now". My mind wonders for a second, and then before I can stutter the words "who is this" the mysterious person hangs up. I run downstairs and lock my doors like an idiot. Then suddenly the doorbell rings, and I scream. It startled me so much I almost pissed myself. My hand reaches for the door handle, about to unlock it; I then get a text saying "DONT!" This time I decided to text the person back, not knowing who they are. "Who is this?, and how do you know my every move?" The door bell rings again, and this time it sends a tingly sensation down my spine. I run upstairs more scared of who is texting me then what is lurking on my  porch. *RING* I answer before the second ring can begin.  "WHO IS THIS!' The deep, raspy voice I had spoken too earlier answered. "don't be afraid, just stay inside; you will see why in the morning" Then I begin to stutter "W-What do Y-You want?". He hangs up, stupid me tried to call this person back, but its a blocked number. Could this be a prank call? or was this real? Suddenly I found myself freaking out over something that could be nothing.

Next Day~  I hardly got any sleep, all I could keep thinking about was that deep, raspy voice; and for some odd reason it attracted me. *HONK* The sound of maddie's car horn alerts me to run downstairs. I hop in the car to see Maddie wearing more make up then usual.

"why so much, you kno-"

"make up?, oh because of Jake. Jake Witicker"

She turns up the radio, the sound of Carly Rae Jepsen pierces my ears. Maddie keeps babbling on about how hot Jake is and not even paying any attention to her surroundings. Suddenly a tall, man stands in front of her car. *ERRRRRR* the car screeches as she tries to stop. "MADDIE!" I screamed. We flip, and slam into a tree. The tall man walks towards the flipped car. He has curly hair, about an inch above his jade like hazel eyes. His perfectly pink, plumped lips whisper "your going to be ok, I got you" He then lifts me out of the car and carried me out into the street. He stares into my eyes, he smiles and then frowns. I begin to become unconscious until I hear a familiar voice say "Stay with me, I got you" It was the deep, raspy voice I heard on the phone calls. Could this be him? His voice was so unique, it had to be him. he then pushes the hair out of my face. He picks me up once again and walks me home, I guess. That's all I can remember, because all I remember is waking up in my bed. All I could think about was Maddie, was she ok? I go to itch my head, and then I feel a wet spot. it was blood, I then look in the mirror to see blood but no wound. I didn't have one scratch on my body. No aches, no pains, not that I wasn't happy about that but it seemed weird. I began to examine my body trying to find any cuts or bruise, but none! No text from Maddie this morning, which worries me; so I call her it goes right to voicemail. I turn my TV on and flip to the news. Nothing about an accident, that's odd. "Then what happened to maddie" I say aloud, actually meaning to say it in my head. I then receive a phone call once again, I'm very quick to answer it this time.

"Katie" The raspy voice whispers

"Thank You?" I question, not knowing what to say

"I'm just glad your safe, I could never bare to see you hurt."

"Katie? wait how do you know my name?" I say, I was late at asking.

I hear breathing, and then the curly haired boy or man which ever hung up. What did he mean by "I'm just glad your safe, I could never bare to see you hurt?" At this point I'm really freaked. This dude knows my name, knows where I live, and saved me in the matter of one day. I don't believe this, I must have been dropped too many times on the head. I then try to dial Maddie again, thankfully she answers.

"Hey girl, HEY!" she screams like nothing happened this morning.

"urrmm.. hey, you ok?"

"yeah why wouldn't I be, I'm always happy!"

"well, because what happened this morning?" I ask

"what are you talking about, this morning, and why aren't you in school?..."

"Nothing, I'm just glad to hear your voice, and because I-I don't feel good I guess." We then end the conversation awkwardly. I then begin to think about everything that is occurring.  First some really mysterious, but hot man saves me and knows everything about me; but my best friend is super happy after almost dying this morning in a car crash, on the way to school. Something about this doesn't feel right.