Chapter 12 (Far Away)

I continued to look out the window hoping Harry would be waiting right outside the car, but he wasn't. I just wished I had my parents back, they would be out on a search party for me; they probably would have found me by now. Derek had now been driving for about 5 hours and my back was aching and I had to go to the bathroom.

"I have to go to the bathroom" I said sternly looking at him

He stopped his car on the side of the rode and motioned me to get out.

"Eww! Gross I am not going to use the bathroom here.." I yelled disgusted

"JUST GO! Your not a princess, if you really have to go you'll go..you either go here or no where!!" he yelled looking me in the eyes.

I got out of the car scared by his reply. Actually this might not be that bad of an idea, this can be my chance to run for it. I began to walk further into the trees.

"KATIE, not too far I need to see you" I heard him yell out to me

"I DONT WANT YOU TO SEE ME USE THE BATHROOM! What is wrong with you?" I lied I honestly didn't care all I know is I needed to get out of there and find a phone. That's when I began to run, I heard him calling my name but I ignored it. I then saw a old farm house up ahead just about a mile. I started to run faster, until I finally ended up there. It was pretty big for a old country farm house, it certainly didn't look like something that would be in Vegas. I then noticed there was a payphone just across the street, I looked around at my surroundings, no sign of Derek; yet. I hurried towards the old phone and pulled out my last two quarters in my pocket sliding them into the change slot. I picked up the phone off the holder and began to dial Harry's number.

"Come on pick up Harry" I whispered to myself praying he would answer.

"Hello..who's this?" he answered in his raspy voice sending chills through my body

"Harry, oh my god!!! Thank god you answered"

"Katie? Are you ok, did he hurt you?" He asked in concern

"No, I was able to run away but I don't know how long it will be before he is able to catch up."

"You have to get away from him, as far as possible he is fast..and he is going to turn you" he yelled into the phone

"What!? What is going on?" I asked confused

"JUST RUN BEFORE HE CATCHES UP"

"One thing first before I go..."

"Katie...GO!" he cut me off

"I Love You" I whispered into the phone

For a few second I heard silence and then he began to speak.

"I-I Love Y-ou Too" he stuttered

"Stay Safe, and run!" he hung up and a tear slid down my cheek. That's when I heard Derek yell my name, and it was closer then before. I started to run once again, I had no clue where I was running to this time I just knew I needed to get away because Derek was going to turn me into a vampire. At this point I had gotten pretty far but I knew I couldn't stop because if I did there was a huge chance Derek would catch up to me and turn me as soon as he laid his eyes on me. I then saw a little house up ahead and then I knew that was my destination. I was going to use there phone and call the cops, which that's what I should've done earlier but instead I called Harry. As I ran and got closer I saw an old man sitting on his porch.

"HELP!!! I NEED A PHONE!!" I screamed as I waved my hands in the air to catch his attention.

He sat up in his chair glaring at me. I then arrived breathless on his porch, almost falling to my knees in tiredness. He helped me inside and got me a cup of tea.