Chapter 4

Jamari:

I sat at the lunch table sipping my water and reading my book outside. The breeze felt good and I was in a shady area because it's nothing but trees around my school.

My friend wasn't even here today so I was by myself. She go through stuff at home to she really don't open it we both know  we're going through some things.

"Wassup what you doing out here alone". Legend said sitting down opening his bag.

"I just like the View and it gives me time to think". I said stopping at the end of the page.

"You always in your books, I like that. So what else you like doing". He said taking his food out.

"Listen Legend you seem like you're a nice guy but I'm not interested on whatever your tryna do. I don't like people fucking with my emotions and I hate little boy games. It's plenty of little hoes that can give you a quick fuck.. Not me". I said staring right into his eyes.

"Look that's not even what I'm looking for Jamari? I just wanted a simple conversation with you but it's coo we won't have to talk". He said leaning back in his chair.

I closed my book and and put it back in my bag. I walked to the Trash Can and went to my next class a little early. Niggas always saying they don't want nothing but a conversation but in reality they just want to have sex.

_________

"Girl yeah we had sex last night!". My mom said all loud on the phone.

My mom is always Cheating and think its funny but then again my dad do to,they have a weird relationship.

"Yeah I got paid like 800 dollars im about to leave and pamper my self these kids been stressing a sista out child". She added.

I went to the living room area and sat by Jayonna. My mom got off the phone an pulled out a cigarette.

"The fuck you looking at Jamari?". She said rolling her neck.

"Nothing Ma'am". I said not looking at her.

"Better not because I will beat your ass just like I did your sister". She said taking a wand of money out her titties.

I looked down at Jayonna and seen  she been crying. She looked at me with a sad face and leaned her head on me.

"Get y'all stuff on so we can leave". She said standing up.

Jayonna needed to changed clothes so I told her to come with me .

I walked in my room and just made up put on her ripped jeans and basic Pink shirt I found.

Soon as she took her shirt off I seen Scars all over her back.

"Oh my god Jayonna she did this to you?". I said getting down on my knees looking at the marks.

"Her and Daddy did because I peed on myself". She said looking down .

I touched one of the marks and she winced.

"When we get back Imma make it feel better okay?". I said kissing her cheek.

"Okay".

I need to get out of here.