Chapter 6

Jamari: Week later

I walked to the library quickly with Jayonna on my heels and sat down when I made it. Legend been trying to catch up with me but I've been ignoring him and running away I know what he's gonna ask me and I'm not ready to talk to him I been done with him.

"Go get a book and come back". I whispered to my sister.

She nodded and went to the kids section. I pulled my laptop and books I needed to help me study . I needed a break from that house.

_______

I held the door open for Jayonna as we left the corner store,I had a couple dollars to spend on snacks. She opened her bag of chips and we began to walk.

I heard screams from up the road and people was running. I tried to see what was going on but gun shots was fired so I quickly turned the corner.

"Come on Jay we going the short way". I said crossing the street.

"What was that". Jayonna said following behind me.

I looked both ways and walked across the streets but mid way Jayonna called my name.

"I have to tie my shoe". She said bending over.

"Really Ja--

A car turned around the corner so fast and hit me ,my whole body flew I hit my head on something hard and I got dizzy and fainted,all I could hear is my sister crying.

______

I blinked my eyes open a couple times and notice I was in someone's bed. I tried to sit up but my body was sore .

"Jay". I yelled out.

I tried to get up more but I was hurting ,a couple tears escape from my eyes. I manage to get out of whoever bed it was and grabbed my bag .

I opened the door and look down the hallway. I started walking down the stairs and all the lights downstairs was on . Jayonna was in the Kitchen stirring something up.

"Jayonna what are you doing? Get your shoes on  we are leaving now". I said putting my hand on my back.

"But Mari Devin is helping me bake a cake". She said pointing to someone.

The tall man turned around and faced me and he was so dreamy looking ?like oh my god. I never seen a man look so fine.

"Look I'm so sorry I hit you with my car,Someone was shooting at me and I didn't see you at all I was to scared to take you to the hospital and I knew maybe you needed rest. This shit is probably weird but I had to do something ".He said taking his apron off.

"Uhh yeah ca-can you take us home". I asked nervously.

"Yea". He said washing his hands.

Jayonna ran over by me and he let us out the house ,why couldn't he just kill me?

He unlocked the doors and I got in the back seat with Jayonna I didn't feel right with him.

"Are you hungry or anything?". He asked starting the car.

"Yea-- No we are fine". I said cutting Jay off.

"Okay".

I told him my address and the rest of the way home was silent and odd,but it was quick.

"Here's my number if you need anything I just feel bad about today". He said as he pulled to my house.

"Don't worry about it, I wish you could've killed me". I said shutting the door.

He looked at me confused and I hurried in the house. I just want to get out of here I'll rather go to Heaven then be here.

"Where yo hoe ass been at". Jarnell said standing in the doorway.

"Leave me alone Jarnell". I yelled at him.

He put his hands around my neck and started choking me against the wall.

"Bitch who in the fuck you think you are". He said putting more pressure on my neck.

All my stuff dropped to the ground and I was tryna pull his hands off me,choking.

"Leave her alone". Jayonna said hitting him.

He let me go and swung her to the other side off the room almost. I started breathing heavy and tried to go see if she was okay but Jarnell pulled my hair and punched me in the face 3 times.

"Bitch think you can be out at 1 in morning , done lost your fucking mind".  He said pushing me to the wall.

He started talking shit walking away.. I can't take this no more.