Chapter Seven

"Where is your father ?"

Tremors of fear and revulsion crawled through Eva's spine when images of her derisive father lustered through her mind. She stood up, facing the wall, trying to chuck those jitters away. "Cal is my father." She lied.

"Don't lie Eva." Ethan has checked his father's town records before and there's no way, according to him, that Cal is Eva's father. But Eva wished so bad that Cal was the one who brought her to this world.

Though she had never had the chance to see her, Eva envied Ell. She is dead, but her father never forgot her, and in her memory he built the diner. She envied Ell because she had a real, devoted dad, unlike her. "I'm not lying."

"Well, it's impossible. You're name is Evangeline Blake Austin and Cal is Cal Owens."

"How do you know that ?"

"I told you, I have my sources." He smirked at her. Eva was curious and wanted to know how but she wasn't the type of person to insist.

"Do you have the looks of your dad ?" At the question more aversion filled her and she felt her stomach doing flips. "Never. I am the only child that has inherited my mom's appearance." Eva slipped an information that caught Ethan's attention, but she wasn't aware.

"Only child ? You have siblings ?" He asked anxiety taking the best of him. "Yes."

"Where are they ?"

"Dead." Tears brimmed her eyes as she thought about her siblings. She misses her brother and is frustrated from the sad excuse of a sister she has. "But I saw who I think is your sister at the club and she looks pretty alive to me."

"Well she's dead to me. Stop asking questions." She walked towards her room and pulled out her white pajama pants and a yellow top. Ethan walked in after her. "Stay here. I'll go have a shower and be back." She said walking to the bathroom. She walked in and locked the door after her. She doesn't want a total player in her shower.

Ethan stripped into nothing but his boxers and made himself comfortable on the bed, his hands behind his head. He was deep in thought of how to make Eva speak. He wanted to know more about her, about her family, and why isn't she saying anything.

Eva came out of the bathroom, fifteen minutes later and gaped at Ethan. "What the hell ?"

"What ?" He asked as if he has no idea of 'what' she meant. She narrowed her eyes at him, "If you want to sleep in my bed you have to put on pjs." She informed him. Ethan rolled his eyes, "Yes, we guys sleep with pjs on at night." He said sarcastically. Eva quirked an eyebrow at him and sat on her bed far away as she could from him. "I won't bite." Ethan exclaimed trying to hide his smile. "Whatever. Goodnight." She got under her covers and stared at her lamp on the beside table, as specks of dust flew around it. "Why do you abhor your sister ?" He abruptly asked.

Eva lifted her head a little and looked back at him, "I don't abhor her." She rested her head back on the pillow. "Your confrontation with her at the club says otherwise."

Eva sat up in bed again, "How do you know she's my sister ?" She snapped at him. "I assumed so, the way she's begging you and stuff." He replied.

"So why do you hate her ?"

"I don't hate her. She left me when I needed her so..." Eva stopped mid-sentence. She was not sure. She doesn't hate her sister, eventually, Angelica's still holds the same blood and flesh like her. "So this is revenge, right?" Eva shrugged her shoulders and cuddled more into her covers. "I don't know. She left. She became a stripper. Now she's back because she needs my help." Eva didn't want to tell him this but she thought, maybe just maybe, he could be useful and help her a little bit.