Chapter Ten

Eva looked at the man confused after she heard what her sister mumbled. Isn't Aiden dead ? She asked herself. Was she lying again ? Of course Eva couldn't trust her sister yet.

"How can I help you ?" She lamely asked. "May I come in ?" He questioned in response. Eva leaned her head to the side, asking herself, is he for real ?

"No, we're two ladies whose visit time is from eleven in the morning till nine at night and I guess it..." Before Eva could continue, Angelica cut her off, "We can make an exception." Eva slowly faced her sister, narrowing her eyes at her. Angel shrugged one shoulder and quipped one side of her rosy lips. Eva rolled her eyes at her sister and stepped aside giving access to the peculiar man, "Thanks. Next time I'll make an appointment before I come." He exclaimed, mocking Eva's previous statement, indirectly. Eva gave him a poker face as he walked into her small apartmemt.

This man, of course, came for a particular reason. Actually, he came because of Angelica. He was searching for her for a long time and when he saw her lately at the diner, he followed her. He didn't want to scare her and pay her a visit until her sister came back. But now that he met Eva, he wished he came in when she was not around. Axel, the man, faced Angelica and confronted her, not minding her cruel sister, "You're Angelica, right ?"

Angelica looked at him, bitterness glittering in her eyes. He had the same chocolate brown eyes, which she loved staring into for nights and nights. That honey blonde hair that she yearns running her fingers through, even now. But this is not Aiden. This is not the man she cherishes. He's not the same guy she made real love for. He had a different voice, not Aiden's husky voice, not the same symphony she used to close her eyes to.

"Aiden ?" Half her tone was stating this and the other half was asking it in incredulity. Eva looked between the two waiting the guy to reply. "Actually, I'm his twin brother, Axel."

Angelica gulped her unshed tears. She wished it was Aiden. She misses him like hell but yet if it was him right now, she wouldn't postulate his craved for existence. If it was him, the overrun of exuberance in her vessels will paralyse her and the pure euphoria that would overwhelm her will send her straight to paradise.

Eva's voice brought Angelica back from her trance, "Holla, you have an Aiden free copy...." Eva mocked her sister and looked at Axel, "...May I ask what are you here for ?" She asked shaking her head in an interrogating manner at him. Axel looked at Eva, falling for the grace of her eyes, repelled by her blunt personality and then addressed Angelica, again, "May we sit and talk for a second ?" He asked.

"Second's over. Bye, bye." Eva snapped at him, he rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to but, "No!" Eva snapped before even listening to him. Axel smirked and looked at her saying, "I was going to ask if I'm annoying you and should leave, but you said no before I even speak, sweet." He sarcastically stated the last part, making Eva roll her eyes in a I-don't-give-a-shit manner and smugly yet rudely smiled at him, "Bye. Come back tomorrow. Or maybe not."

She opened the door again in a sign for him to leave. Axel sighed and walked to the door, giving the cruel girl a dull look though still captivated by her glamorous features and the quiet girl an apologizing glance, not because he was leaving or he had visited late, but because of the super nice girl Angel lives with.

"Ugh. Boys !" Eva said irritated after closing the door when Axel left. She faced Angelica who was crossing her arms at her chest and raising her eyebrows at her sister, "What ? It's not like I'm the one who visited late !" She said in a 'duh' tone, pointing her finger to the wall clock.

Angel sighed shaking her head and slumping her shoulders, she walked to the bedroom. Eva carelessly followed her. Angel wasn't gratified by her sister's attitude, wondering why she acts like that, rude and blunt to everyone, and Eva could care less.