february 27th.

7:09 a.m.

Today day began with an empty train car, lost but not found AirPods, and stolen glances.

The two men sat across from each other, Jimin staring adoringly at his book, and Yoongi staring adoringly at Jimin. He wondered how one human being could be so mentally and physically alluring, and for how much longer he could keep pretending he wasn't crushing when it was so. painstakingly. clear that he was. He wondered if Jimin was stupid or not. Because it was that fucking obvious. But he liked that Jimin didn't know. That way it would be weird, but not too weird, if Yoongi were to get caught staring right now.

He liked how Jimin bit his nails as he read. He liked that after a two day missing streak he had finally remembered to bring his glasses today... dummy.

He liked the crocodile clip he kept in his bag daily and put in his hair to keep the unruly black bangs out of his eyes whenever he read and he liked how, right now, he was biting back a smile because of something he had just read. And how he ended up giggling to himself anyway.

Yoongi had heard somewhere that when you develop a crush on someone, you begin to find every feature, every gesture big or small, perfect. And that's how he knew.

He guessed he'd known it since that day with the ambulance when Jimin had given him mouth-to-mouth on the floor of the station to keep him from suffocating to death until paramedics arrived-- thought fruitless against his throat, swollen shut. He was on the cliff of death, but oddly, Yoongi was more intoxicated by the boy's lips over his. When he went home that night, he cringed at how much he let his memory replay it. That's when he knew he wanted more.

He was just too afraid to admit it to himself before.

A second laugh from Jimin prompted Yoongi out of his thoughts. He nonchalantly finishes the game of SuperstarSM on his phone to ask, "What's so funny?"

Jimin glanced up from his book with a look that cheekier than any of his usual snappy remarks while Yoongi, still "playing" his game, opened the camera app and captured his friend in a perfect standstill for later admiration. He had pestered Jimin into giving him all his socials, but wanted a photo of his own. Of course, Jimin would never give him one, so the ends therefore justified the creepy means. The smile wiped from his face completely, almost as if he'd never been laughing at all. For a moment, Yoongi thought he knew. Then Jimin rolled his eyes, quickly raised his brows, and returned his focus to page 172 of Cabin Three.

"... Anyway."

Jimin found Yoongi very annoying.

Coincidentally, Yoongi too thought himself annoying. But he thought Jimin worse.

So for the first and last time, they were both on the same wavelength. Neither said a word. Neither moved an inch.

Often, but not always, it would be this way for them.