march 24th.

5:42 p.m.

"Why do you eat it like that?"

"So that I don't leave a mess behind on my bed when it starts falling all over the place."

"Not what I meant."

"Because I don't feel like washing dishes," Jimin murmured through a full mouth.

He wiped his mouth with one of the stray napkins on the bed, then crunched into his head of lettuce, careful to take the bite over his windowsill-- which also served as his plate.

He realized it wasn't the most traditional way to eat. But it was a habit acquired from his halpoji during spring breaks spent at his grandparents house in the countryside back home. And no, this wasn't something he began to do as he descended into dementia. Simply a quirk of his that he passed onto Jimin and Jihyun from time spent together.

"My God, I'm dating a bunny."

Jimin grinned, "Halmoni used to say the same thing about being married to halpoji."

"I missed you."

Jimin looked at Taehyung as they squeezed together at the windowsill, his Bambi eyes alight with innocent surprise. The reaction made his boyfriend giggle, a noise that warmed him every time the sound made its way into his ears.

The entire day had been like this. Warm. Familiar. Easy. The only other person who compared was--

Was...

Halfway into sighing, he jumped at the view of Taehyung in his face. He held the back of Jimin's neck, pressing their lips together so quickly it hardly felt like anything at all.

"That tasted like ranch," Taehyung said.

"Sorry," Jimin ironically reached for the squeeze bottle on the sill, adding a dollop into an area he thought looked especially crisp. "Can you cut up some of the chicken cutlets I made in the fridge? They're in the black tupperware."

"If I do, will you eat your salad in a bowl?"

"No. But! I will consider it," Jimin grinned.

Taehyung never noticed how quickly his smile fell. He was occupied with throwing himself onto Jimin's powder blue bedding, giving an exasperated sigh.

"Apparently someone is bored."

"Not bored, Jimin. I'm hungry. You wanna get something to eat?"

"I'm eating," Jimin blunted.

"In theory. That's not a meal, stupid cunt." Taehyung said through their shared chuckle. "Come on, Jiminnnn. I'm hungry. Let's order from Signore's. We could get some spicy vodka rigatoni."

"How about we cook instead, hm?"

Taehyung groaned animatedly and rolled face down on the bed, half the note bouncing off the wall and the rest muffling into the fluff of a pillow.

"Seriously, Taehyung, what should we make?"

"Let's make... a call to Signore's."

"No. I need to save money. I spent 400 dollars last month on food outings, much of which was just me getting bubble tea every day for two weeks."

"Damn big booty, were you eating for two?"

"I could go for a seafood boil right now... Wanna go to Holy Crab after work?"

"I get off at 6 today. I also have a boyfriend. And am wearing a white shirt."

"It's not a date. I promise I won't pay for your food and you'll have to find your own ride home. Just change and meet me there. And make sure it's not cute. Because you have a boyyyyfriend."