Chapter 1

When I woke up, I was sitting in a chair, and my hands were strapped down to a table. I didn't remember anything. All I knew was that I was with Hydra, and they said I was going to be their weapon. They said if I refused, they would kill everyone I cared about. The problem was that I couldn't remember who I cared about.

I didn't know anything about my past, but I faintly remembered a shield. A shield with a star in the center. A shield that was red, silver, and blue. A shield that had saved me, and I thought it was all a dream.

No one would come and save me. I had to save myself. I knew that something was off. Like I couldn't remember something. I couldn't remember who I was or who I used to be. I needed to remember.

A man barged into the room. He was the same man that had taken me. "Good, you're awake" he said "now we can get started".

(Third Person P.O.V.)

The Avengers had all been told that Will had stayed at the farmhouse. Clint, however, knew better. He was the one that knew where Will really was. He had left her at Central Park so she could sacrifice herself to save them. She was with Hydra probably being brainwashed and tortured.

It was killing Clint that he couldn't tell the other Avengers or Will's friend Peter. He sat in his room playing with Will's dog tags that had once been Cap's from World War Two.

He had to let someone know what Will had done, and he knew just who to call. He took out Will's phone and called Peter. The kid had to know.

"Will?" Peter asked sleepily.

"Sorry, kid. It's Clint".

"Where's Will?" Peter asked, a bit of panic in his voice.

"She's gone" Clint explained everything from the messages to Will handing him the dog tags.

"Have you told the Avengers?"

"No. Will didn't want me to, and I had to respect that".

"Then why did you call me?" Peter was definitely confused.

"I need you and your team to help me find her, or I at least need others to know before I go on a suicide mission to find her".

"Meet us at Midtown high in thirty minutes" Peter hung up. It was a Friday afternoon. Coulson was likely to be there, and he could get access to security footage. Clint left and drove one of Tony's cars to the school without telling anyone.

Peter and his team were waiting outside. "How do you plan to find Will?" asked Peter.

"I was going to ask Coulson. If anyone can track Will, it's him" Clint walked past the group and to the principal's office.

"Barton, how can I help you?" Coulson looked up from his paperwork.

"It's about Will. I need you to help me get access to the security cameras at Central Park".

"So I'm assuming that Will isn't coming back to school any time soon" Coulson joked, not looking up from his computer "there she is".

He turned the computer monitor around. The footage showed Will on a park bench next to a man with dark hair. The footage stopped just as the man turned to face the camera.

"Stop it there" Clint ordered "that's who took Will. We find him, we find her".

"I know this man. He use to work for me" Coulson sighed "Ward is taunting us. He knew that the camera was there. He wants us to come and get Will".

"Then we track her. If she uses her power to control tech, we can track her" Clint started.

"Clint, I know that you think of Will as your own daughter, but if she's with Ward, then there isn't any hope for her. She's probably too far gone" Coulson sounded defeated.

"There's always hope. I'm going to find Will. I'm going to save her, and I'm not going to stop until I do" Clint stormed out of the room.

Peter followed Clint. "Clint, we're going to find her. I'll help" he was optimistic.

"Peter, maybe Coulson's right. Maybe there is no hope. You should just listen to him. Stay out if this. I don't need to get you killed too. I don't think I could live with myself if I did. And tell your team to stay out of this too".

"Where are you going?" Peter called after the archer.

"To track Will".

Clint headed to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. He knew someone there that could track Will. He was going to ask for help from the Wolverine. He walked into the building and into Professor Xavier's office without anyone questioning him. "Ah, Clint Barton. I'll call Logan" the professor said.

"Damn you telepaths" Clint muttered. A few minutes later, Logan showed up. He didn't look too happy about being disturbed.

"What do you want, bird brain?" he growled.

"I need you to help me find someone, Logan".

"Why should I help you?"

"Because my missing person can destroy the world, and she's the daughter of Captain America" Clint replied.

"Where do we start?" Logan crossed his arms. Clint took Logan to Central Park.

"Do your thing. Track her scent" Clint partly teased.

"I'm not a blood hound, bird brain, but I think I might be able to track her" Logan growled "might being the key word".

"Great. Where is she?"

(Will's P.O.V.)

I had to contact someone, anyone. Ward was torturing me to make me feel so much pain to the point where I would cave in and comply. It wasn't going to work. The one thing he didn't know was that I somehow knew how to get out of my restraints. It was probably knowledge that my subconscious had stored away. When he left the room, I started to break free. I was going to get out of there, but first I had to contact someone. I was going to contact someone even if it was too risky.

"Hello? Hello can anyone hear me?" I was sending a signal on all frequencies, but it was draining the energy I had left "if you can hear me, please trace this signal. Help me".

While calling for help, I had gotten free of the restraints. I opened the door to the cell and made my way through the compound. It was eerily quite. I rounded the corner and Ward was right there waiting for me.

"And where do you think you're going, Ragnarok?" he sneered before punching me. I fought back as best I could. I wasn't in the best physical condition. He was slowly driving me back to the cell. We got to its door when he kicked me down and stepped on my knee. I heard a sickening snap and instantly knew that I wouldn't be able to walk. Then, the Hydra agent brought his boot to my head, and I blacked out.