Chapter 17

Ten months had passed since I was rescued by the Avengers. James was still in the cell, refusing to admit that Hydra was evil. I spent most of my time with Peter. He was very supportive.

"We should have kicked him off of the plane three weeks ago" I said to Peter one day at school.

"Will, I know that you hate him, but he is still a human being" Peter said.

"Are you sure, because he doesn't act like one".

"Will you need to face him sometime, you can't avoid him forever".

"I sure as hell can" I argued.

"Will Rogers to the principal's office please" I heard Coulson say over the intercom. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

"What do you need Coulson" I asked. There was a new kid sitting in one of the chairs, but I couldn't see their face.

"I would like you to show James around" he said. The kid turned to face me and I filled with rage.

"Hey sis" James said. I pulled Coulson out of the office.

"Damnit Coulson. How could you let this happen" I demanded.

"What James is a nice kid, why don't you like him" Coulson asked.

"Let's just say that Nat and I took him from Hydra a few weeks ago" I explained the whole situation.

"Are you absolutely sure" he asked.

"He dreams about killing me".

"Okay fine, but you still need to show him around and keep and eye on him".

I pulled out my phone and called Tony.

"What the hell happened" I asked.

"What do you mean" he asked.

"Why is he here" I demanded.

"Who".

"My brother; why is he at my school".

"Relax mini Rogers. He said that he'd behave. Clint thought it would be fine with all of the SHIELD agents at your school" Tony stated.

"Does my dad know" I asked.

"No".

"Tony" I started.

"Will you need to get used to having him around" Tony hung up. I huffed in anger.

"So" Coulson said.

"Fine, I'll make it work, but if he does anything to hurt anyone" I started.

"I get it, just grab him and get to class" Coulson said. I went back into the office.

"Get up, we're going to class".

"Gees, can't you be a little nicer" he asked following me to math.

"Nope".

"Why not".

"Because you want to kill me" I opened the door to the classroom and sat down next to Peter.

"What's he doing here" Peter asked.

"Tony and Clint thought that it would be okay".

"Class this is James, he's new here" the teacher said "James tell us about yourself".

"There really isn't much to tell; I've always been homeschooled so I could help out my family" he lied.

"Man he sure knows how to look good in the eyes of the people" Luke whispered. The first half of the day dragged on until lunch. James continued to lie to everyone about himself. I just wished that he would tell everyone that he was with Hydra so Peter and I would no longer be freaks.

Lunch was probably the worst part of the day. I sat down with my friends to try and clear my head, but MJ wanted to talk about my brother.

"So who's the new kid. He seems pretty interesting" she commented. That almost pushed me off the edge.

"Um, his name is James, but I wouldn't call him interesting" I wanted to tell her everything, but she didn't know about my past. MJ only knew about how I lived with the Avengers and one of my powers. She didn't need to know that I probably would have killed her had the Avengers not saved me.

"Really".

"Yeah I met him once and he was a total jerk; I'd stay away from him if I were you" I stated. MJ got up and left.

"You should tell her the truth" Ava said.

"That might cause a panic" I started.

"You need to get him out of here. He could expose us" Sam interrupted.

"I know Sam, I'll take care of it" I saw James coming over to our table "speak of the devil".

"He sis" I grabbed the collar of his shirt and started dragging him to Coulson's office.

"What are you doing" he demanded.

"We are going back to the tower".

"Why".

"Because you might expose us; and you can't just going around to everyone announcing that I'm your sister" I said shoving him through the office door.

"I still don't see the problem" James said.

"Coulson I need you to call Clint".

A few minutes later Clint showed up. "Why can't you two get along" he demanded.

"Why would you let him out of that cell" I asked.

"Because he's just a kid and we can't treat him how Hydra treated you".

"You do know that I can hear you" James said.

"Just take us home" I said. The ride home was silent.

When we got back to the tower I went straight up to my room.

"Miss are you alright" JARVIS inquired.

"No JARVIS, I'm not alright. I'm related to someone that wants to kill me and then kill everyone else. How could this happen" I said "don't answer that".

I laid back on my bed. The door opened and Steve walked in. He laid down next to me.

"What happened today" he asked.

"Well James showed up at school and the principal made me show him around" I stated.

"How exactly did he get let out".

"Clint and Tony thought that it would be good if they let him interact with people our age" I replied.

"So how'd he do".

"Well he's a good liar I can tell you that, but then Peter's friend MJ started asking about him like he was some movie star. I just don't want him there. He knows about the team; he could reveal their identities to the entire school".

"Then we won't let him go back there ever again".

"So you really didn't know that he was let out" I asked.

"If I had known, he would have stayed in that cell and I would be yelling at Tony right now" Steve replied.

"I still can't believe that they did that" I said.

"I know; we should go see if they put your brother back in that cell" Steve said.
__________________________
Sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've just been really busy with school and haven't really been inspired to write.

Only 3 chapters left.