Chapter 6

"Will, where are you?" that was the first thing Peter said to me when I called him.

"I don't know. I'm with Coulson and his SHIELD team. I think they're worried about me" I said.

"Why?"

"I told them about my life. They were skeptical, so I snapped at them. I also told them to try go through the last fifteen years of my life and not have issues".

"Will, you have got to stop yelling at people".

"Hey, I'm always going to yell at people. It's part of my charm".

"I know. So how are things at SHIELD?" he asked.

"Pretty good, I guess. I think it's my best option right now. These people could help me remember. They can keep me hidden".

"I guess they can. I have to go. See you in a couple weeks" Peter hung up.

Two minutes passed and I got another call, but this time it was from Tony.

"What do you want" I asked.

"Where the hell are you. Hill said that you were with a SHIELD team" he demanded.

"I'm fine thanks for asking, and yes, I am with a SHIELD team. One of the teachers at my school is with a SHIELD team, and he knew about my situation, so he offered to let me join his team for a few weeks" I lied.

"Which teacher?"

"My science teacher" I continued to lie.

"Okay. You want to speak with your dad?" he asked.

"Sure".

"Will, why did you not let us know where you were going?" Steve asked.

"I didn't want you to stop me. I thought that this would be good for me. These people know what I've been through. They've been hurt by Ward too".

"At least you're in safe hands with people that can help you" he sounded only slightly relieved "but be safe. Don't do anything stupid like get yourself captured again".

Steve hung up and I was left to my own thoughts. What if Ward killed someone I cared about? What if he found me again? I listed every what if in my head. There were hundreds upon thousands of them.

I was interrupted by Simmons.

"Hey Will" she said. Before I could speak my phone rang. It was the same number Ward used to call me back at the farmhouse.

"What the hell do you want?" I answered the phone.

"Ragnarok, I'm surprised you even answered. You sound better than the last time I spoke with you. Do you remember anything yet?" he sounded smug.

"Shut the hell up. Stay away from me. I'll never be Hydra's weapon. Not even if take my memories and twist every single one of them".

"You're feistier than I remember".

"I'm stronger now. You don't want to mess with me or my family" I snapped.

"Will, who are you talking to?" Simmons whispered.

"Was that Jemma Simmons?" Ward asked "oh you're with Coulson's team now aren't you".

I hung up. Tears of anger threatened to spill from my eyes. Simmons sat down next to me.

"Was that Ward?" she sounded nervous. I slowly nodded.

"What did he want?"

"I think he wanted to know if he'd beaten me yet" I whispered "he heard your voice. He knows I'm with you guys".