Chapter 8

Everyone turned to face me. Steve's expression softened. He ran to hug me.

"Hi dad. Ya miss me" I said. He said nothing.

"Why are you back so soon" Clint asked.

"Oh Peter called me and told me what happened here so I came home" I answered "oh and I need a new phone".

"Why" Nat asked.

"I dropped mine off of the roof, on purpose".

"You what" Tony was baffled.

"It was to keep Ward from calling me. I know it was drastic, but it had to be done".

"I'll make you a new phone, but tell us all about your three days as a SHIELD agent" Tony sounded like a little kid.

"Um. They were skeptical of my backstory. Ward called twice. I helped go after Strucker's son" I summed up the three days.

"Did you yell at them" Steve asked. I nodded.

"You need to control that rage young Will" Thor boomed.

"Eh, it's part of my charm" I sat on the couch followed by Peter.

"Will you realize that it's too dangerous for you to stay here right now" Nat said.

"Oh yeah I know. I'm going to stay with Peter, but do you want the systems back online or not".

They nodded and let me do my thing. It took a while and expended a lot of my energy, but I finally got JARVIS back online.

"There, now JARVIS can get the rest of the systems online" I said "isn't that right JARVIS".

"Yes miss" he replied.

"I'm going to bed" I got up and headed for the elevator.

"Will shouldn't we be heading to my house" Peter asked.

"Look I haven't slept in at least two days, so let me sleep in my own bed for at least and hour" I stated "I don't care if it isn't safe".

I rode the elevator to my room and laid back in the bed. It took all of two minutes for me to pass out. It was nice to sleep for once. Ever since Ward I hadn't slept very much; maybe about two, three hours a day at most.

I had a dreamless sleep. Just pitch black, nothing. It was nice not to dream because whenever I dreamt it was only nightmares.

"Will. Will, you need get up" someone said. I slowly opened my eyes to be met with bright, artificial light.

"W-what time is it" I asked.

"Will it's noon, and it's been two days" Steve said "I sent Peter home and had to have Tony check your vitals".

"When did you guys move me to the lab" I was still groggy.

"About twelve hours after you fell asleep. It's not like you to sleep this long. We were worried that you were comatose".

"I think I know why I slept as long as I did. I haven't really gotten more than three hours of sleep a day since Ward" I explained.

"Will you seriously need help" he said.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't" I whispered back "can I have some food".

"Sure come on" Steve helped me up and we went to the kitchen. He poured me a bowl of cereal and I scarfed it down in less then five minutes.

"So what happened in the two days that I was asleep".

"Well I sent Peter home, JARVIS rebooted the systems and Tony built you a new phone" he said.

"Really".

"Yeah it's in the lab" Steve took me back down to the lab. Tony was there this time tinkering with a small device.

"Hey Tony" I said; he looked up and smirked.

"I wondered where you went" he stated.

"Is that my new phone" I asked.

"Yeah. I made it untraceable so Ward or Doom can't call you. Oh and I also retrieved your memory card from your other phone so you have all the same things on this phone" Tony sounded excited.

"Did you change my number" I was still being cautious.

"Yeah and don't worry, we all have your new number and so does Peter".

"Okay great. Are you sure it's untraceable" I had reason to worry.

"One hundred percent sure" Tony replied.

"Good, but if I get one call from Ward or Doom I'll personally beat you up for it" I threatened. Tony shrank back and I smirked.

"You're mean sometimes Will" he said.

"Maybe Nat's been rubbing off on me" I turned and went up to my room. I knew exactly what I was going to do with my new phone.

I dialed Peter's number. He picked up after five rings. "Hey Will" he sounded like he was out of breath.

"Where are you. You sound like you're working out" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Training with the team. You sound tired, did you just wake up".

"Yeah about thirty minutes ago" I stated.

Suddenly I was shaking. I dropped my phone and fell on the floor. Memories flooded in. Every little detail of everything I had ever done. It was painful, yet I felt fine. I finally remembered.

"Will, Will are you okay" I heard Peter say.

"Peter I need to go. I'll call you back later" I cut him off and hung up. I ran down to the lab where Steve and Tony were.

"Whoa Will slow down. What's wrong" Steve asked using his arms to keep me from slamming into a table.

"Nothing" I tried to catch my breath.

"Then why did you run in here like there was a fire" Tony asked.

"I remember" I breathed out.

"Remember what" Steve sounded hopeful.

"Everything. Every little detail of everything that I've ever done. I remember" I was smiling.

"That's great" Steve had me in a bone crushing hug.

"Hey dad, I really need to call Peter back. I kind of remembered everything while on the phone with him and hung up so he's probably panicking right now" I said sheepishly.

"Sir Spider-Man is on the roof" JARVIS said.

"I got it" I said stepping into the elevator.

"Peter what are you doing here" I said when I got to the roof.

"I, um, I needed to know if you were okay. You when you hung up you sounded like there was an emergency" he said taking his mask off.

"Oh right. When I called you and everything went silent, well that was because I remembered everything at that moment" I explained.

"Will that's amazing".

"Hey now that I've gotten some sleep and have my new phone can I come stay at your place" I asked.

"Yeah sure. I'll change first and then we can walk to my place" he replied. We went back inside and Peter changed while I packed a small backpack.

Steve came into the room to see what I was doing.

"Hey dad. I'm going to stay at Peter's for a few days" I stated.

"Okay and are you walking there" Steve had a good reason to be careful.

"Yeah, but we'll be fine. We have our powers" I started.

"I know you'll be fine, but I've been holding onto these for a while" he handed me his dog tags.

"Thanks dad" I hugged him.