Chapter 14

It was New Years Eve and instead of being at the tower with my family, I was in Germany with Nat at a Hydra base. "What's in there" she asked.

"A superhuman, most likely hostile. I don't see any guards" I said.

"Can you get me more information on that superhuman".

I hacked into the Hydra database to look. I searched for the superhuman. A small file came up.

"Subject is male, name Ouroboros, can control water and air, born on July fifth in 1943, unfrozen in 2002" I paused. Could this be Hydra's plan B I asked myself.

"Wait so this guy is your age" Nat sounded just as shocked as me.

"I guess".

"Let's go then" we made our way into the compound and to the lab taking out any guards. I busted the lock on the door. The superhuman was standing in a fighting position.

His cell was nicer than mine had been. It had a bed with blankets, a concrete floor and lights. He also looked well fed and his clothes weren't rags.

"Ragnarok" he mumbled.

"How do you know me" I asked flame in hand. He threw a ball of ice at me. I quickly dodged it.

"You were Hydra's golden child. The chosen one that was going to destroy the world. You were the one that I lived in the shadow of".

"Are you loyal to Hydra" he was building up another ball of ice.

"They are my family. They are the good guys" he smiled and threw it at me. I threw a ball of fire at him.

"No they aren't. Don't they torture you" I was astonished.

"No because I don't rebel. It still doesn't make any sense that you, a defiant little girl, were the chosen one just because you are older".

Nat, who had climb through the vents, shot a dart at him which knocked him out. She tied him up and we carried him to the jet. "You don't see it do you" she asked.

"What do you mean".

"You two look so much alike; you could be related" Nat stated.

"That can't be possible. How can he be my brother. He acts as if he loves Hydra. No one in their right mind should love Hydra".

"Will just think. They may have brainwashed him and may have treated him differently to see the results".

"I won't accept it until I know for sure that we are related" I stated sitting down. Maybe we were related, but I wasn't going to call him my family. My real family was Steve and the Avengers and Peter.

"What should we call him".

"Are you kidding me".

"No. What should his name be. I mean Ouroboros is not a real name just like Ragnarok is not a real name" Nat said.

"Call him what you want I'm not helping" I stated. This kid was not my family and he never would be.

Rest rest of the flight was silent until he started to wake up. "Where have you people taken me" he demanded.

"Relax you're fine, and away from Hydra" I refused to look at him.

"Take me back".

"No can do. You're supposed to be away from those maniacs. You're safe now".

"You don't get it. If I don't kill all of the heroes, then they'll kill me".

"Oh please. I've spent over half of my life dying just wishing that someone would put me out of my misery. Trust me this is better and Hydra won't get you, they try and fail".

"What if I run away".

"I wouldn't. I know a few assassins and a bunch of superheroes".

"Can't I just knock you out or freeze you" he said.

"Nope. Flame powers, remember" I said "hey Nat get in here. I need another dart".

Nat reached behind her and fired another dart at him. He instantly passed out again.

"How are you doing Will".

"The sooner I get away from this guy the better".

"Well we are almost back to the tower" she started.

"We can't take this kid back to the tower. It's too dangerous. It's stupid" I interrupted. My phone buzzed.

"Hello".

"Hey Will" said Peter he sounded stressed.

"What's wrong Pete".

"I just had the worst day".

"Oh I get it. So what happened" I said.

"Um well I saw Flash today and he wanted to spend time with me. He forced me to spend all day with him" Peter explained.

"That doesn't exactly count as the worst day ever. I thought your worst day ever was when Doom took us".

"Well you haven't spent an entire day with Flash Thomson".

"Really Peter, really" I said.

"Oh right. I guess compared to most of your life, my day wasn't so bad".

"Bye Peter" I hung up as the jet landed.

"Nat I really think that we should take this guy somewhere else".

"I'm sorry but we can restrain him here while we figure out what to do with him".

We carried him inside and down to the lab. "Whoa, who's the kid" Tony asked "he looks like you and Capsicle".

"Shut up and run a blood test" I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong with you today".

"This kid is another Hydra experiment like me. He was their backup plan in case I didn't work out. He's my age, born on July fifth in 1943 and he can control water and air".

"So if you didn't destroy the world, this kid was going to" Tony asked.

"Yeah pretty much".

"What's his name".

"Hydra called him Ouroboros" I stated.

"Ouroboros, like the snake legend or something".

I quickly looked it up. "Yes like the snake legend" I answered.

"Wow, that's lame. At least you actually had a cool name there" Tony said.

"Tony, blood test, now" I was getting impatient.

"Fine. I just need a sample of your blood" I let Tony take some blood and winced. I still hated needles because of Hydra. Tony had called Steve down to the lab too.

"Tony what's going on" he asked.

"Let your daughter explain that while I run a blood test."

"Will" Steve was now looking at me.

"You know that mission that Nat and I went on" he nodded "well we brought back this kid". I explained the whole story.

"So is that why Tony's running a blood test" I nodded.

"Done" Tony said turning to us.

"So are we related" I asked.