Chapter 20

Your POV

I woke up to Ryder cuddling with me. I poked his cheek and he opened his eyes smiling at me.

Ryder: Morning

Me: Morning

He kissed me and looked at his phone.

Ryder: Aw shit, I have work in an hour.

Me: Aw...I don't

Ryder: Alright so I'm gonna go home and wash up then go to work.

We got up and walked to the front door. He turned around and hugged me. "I'll see you later" he said adding a kiss to my lips. "Bye, have fun!" He walked home and I decided to hop in the shower and start my day. I grabbed my keys and wallet (girls can have wallets too you know) then drove off to the market. I grabbed simple items and candies. Then I saw a giant bag of gummy bears and gummy worms it was on the top shelf and I tried to grab it.

???: I got it.

The person handed me the candies and I looked up.

Me: Ian?

Ian: Hey. I was just about to leave until I saw you struggle.

Me: You're not gonna smack me right?

Ian: I won't. I promise.

Me: So...how's it been

Ian: Great...but I miss you

Me: Well, do you wanna grab some coffee?

Ian: I would love to.

We walked to Starbucks and he got me my favorite which made me smile. He looked at me and smiled back. "You always knew that ___ is my favorite type of coffee" "How can I forget?" "So how's Anna?" "Oh...um we broke up"

He broke up with her?

"Oh" I simply said.  "Yeah" "Why" "Because I miss you" I miss you too Ian...ugh do I? I don't know "Aw well I'm here" I said because I really didn't know if I did or not.  "Look" he pulled his sleeve up to reveal my name tattooed onto him. "I got that last week. I really miss you and love you babe" "Ian..." "I know. You moved on" "No no, it's hard for me to explain" "Oh..." "Yeah..." "I'm sorry to make this a depressing catch up" "it's fine. We can do this next time too." "Can I stop at your ramen shop later?" "Unless you want my mom chasing you with a sword, then no" "What?" "I'm a ramen work with an Japanese foster mom. What do you expect?" "Chopsticks...?" "..." I started to smile and then I broke out laughing. Gosh he still makes me laugh.

Ian: You're too cute.

Me: Pfft. No

Ian: Pfft. Yeah.

Then we got up and made it get a comical serious situation. "No" "Yes" "No"  "Yes!" I realized he was close to me and he looked at me and leaned in slowly. He placed a long kiss on my lips and I felt remnants of the sparks. We pulled away and I looked at him "Ian..." "I'm sorry. I know you have a boyfriend and stuff" "Let's not speak about this. I have to go home to the kids" "Can I see them?" "Not now. Later" he pouted and I looked at him and pecked his lips. He looked at me in shock. "I still like you Ian. Remember that" than I ran like Naruto to my car and back home.