Chapter 23

Your POV

5 years later

Waking up feeling like crap today and Ian was off doing Smosh videos. I felt sick to my stomach. I ran to the bathroom and puked. That felt better. I washed up and decided to go bummy today so I wore Ian's sweater since it was huge on me. Plus I wore sweatpants. It was cold. I didn't like it. It was so unusual like the world was gonna end. We live in freaking Sacramento it can't be this cold.

I reached for my phone to check the temperature, it was 39 degrees. I got a bit paranoid. I turned the tv on and the news appear on with the banner saying "State of Emergency"

"What is going on?" I whisper. The kids walked to me. "Mommy! What's happening!" Ryan said. "Mommy I'm scared! Where's daddy?" ___ said. "He'll come soon". I listened to the television

"Patient 0 ran out of the hospital and bit a civilian. The civilian then bit another civilian. These civilians are turning into cannibalistic monsters, zombies you could say! We recommend to board your doors and windows and stay tight until this situation is over" the signal was lost.

Ian barges into the door locking it tight.

Ian: You guys alright?!

Me: Yes we're fine. Ian what's-

Ian: I don't know but we have to go!

Me: What? Go where?!

Ian: We have to go to a safer area!

Me: I can't leave my mom!

Ian: Tell her to get here! Now!

I called my mom and she said she was on her way. 5 minutes she came to the door and hugged me tight.

Mom: The world is ending....this is the wrath of God.

Me: Mom what are you talking about?

Mom: Something has angered God and now we're all punished.

Ian: That doesn't make sense. Religion doesn't have anything to do with this!

Ian went to the storage room and came back with a giant crate. He opened it up revealing guns.

Me: WHAT THE FUCK?!

Ian: Zombies are real. We have to go now! Grab supplies from this house!

I scurried around for meds and bandages. I grabbed food and water. I went back to Ian and we rushed into the car and drove off.

Ian: You know how to shoot right?

Me: In video games!

Ian: Well this thing is the trigger. You have to press it to shoot. Keep the safety on until we need it.

I nodded and we were blocked by a collision of cars.

Ian: We have to go on foot.

We exit the car and ran off. I can't believe this is the end...

We got crowed by a group of people. I grabbed on to ___ and my mom. Ian had Ryan. "IAN!" "___! I'LL FIND YOU LATER. I PROMISE. I LOVE Y-" Ian was getting to far for me to hear him. My mom and ____ and I got pushed out and we ran off to somewhere else.

Mom: What do we do?

Me: We have to go to the opposite direction.

Mom: Smart

___: Will we see daddy again?

Me: We will. It'll take some time. But we will.

Mom: ___ look! We can refuge there!

Mom pointed at the house down the street. I nodded and ran off to it. We noticed the door was opened. We searched the house and it was clear of 'zombies'. I covered the windows with plywood, locking the doors and all. I tested the power. It worked. We found the smallest tv in the house to draw less light. We turned it on and the news said "Go to quarantine zones"

Mom: No. Have you seen the movies?

Me: I know...

I really hope I can see Ian and Ryan after all this...

(A/N: This is all fictional so might as well do crazy stuff into this. This is so intense for me to type. Ooooo this is gonna be good. This story is gonna come to an end soon.)