one

School was a bore. He didn't care much for it, it wasn't like he ever learnt anything he didn't know in the first place. To be honest, there wasn't much of a reason why he actually showed up at school besides the fact that it was compulsory. It was stupid really, what was the point if you never learnt anything!?

The small boy sat at the back of the class, perched on top of one of the small brown desks. A bright smirk was plastered across his pale face as he watched the horror flash through Tanaka's eyes, slamming his hand onto the table with a triumphant cry, jumping to his feet and punching the air.

"Ha! In your face! I'm the champion at arm wrestles!" he shouted, a sigh escaping the girl's lips who was two desks in front of them both, shaking her head as she turned round to face them.

"Honestly do you ever shut up?" She was a third year, and a pretty tall too, towering over him like anything. He wasn't scared of her though. Heck, he wasn't scared of anything!

"Nope and I'm not gonna start because some girl told me too", he said with a huff, trying his best to look cool and serious which wasn't really working thanks to the smirk that was still plastered across his face.

That was the problem with homeroom here. All of the years were mixed up , or well, senior and second years anyways. First years had their own homeroom so thank god he wasn't mixed in with any of that lot.

A loud bang sounded as the door was flung open, the teacher strolling into the room. She was a small woman with short pale brown hair and green eyes, but she wasn't the sort of person you wanted to anger because God knows where she got all that power from. Only last week had she had one of the third years almost in tears as she yelled at her. Of course, she had deserved it though. Details would be too much, but it involved a lot of paperwork, green paint and a parrot.

Everyone fell silent as she stood at the front with a friendly smile, placing down a small pile of papers down onto the desk and looking back up at us all. "Morning class. I'm sure I mentioned yesterday that we will be having a transfer from another class".

That was when somebody else walked into the room. He was pretty hard to miss, and everyones eyes were locked on him, some peoples jaws hanging open and others obviously getting intimidated. A giant of a man he was, thick, long brown hair that was styled up into a messy bun at the back of his head with dark brown eyes to match. He also seemed to have some scruff growing round the sides of his chiselled jawline and chin. He didn't look like he should even be in school.

Noya subconsciously raised a hand to his own chin, feeling the baby like skin where not even the tiniest bit of scruff had ever shown up, jealousy clouding over him as his eyes didn't leave the newcomer.

"Introduce yourself?" asked the teacher sweetly, taking a seat down at her desk and letting him get on with it.

He gave a nod, looking from her back to the class, "R-right.. My name is Asahi Azumane, nice to meet you all", he said with a smile, a tiny bow which did literally nothing to his height.

"Nice to meet you", chimed all of the class in sync as the teacher motioned from him to take a seat, and the only spare one happened to be beside Yuu. He moved through the rows of desks and chairs, heading towards the back and pulling out the chair and sitting himself down. He stood out like a sore thumb, towering above almost everyone, a blush smeared across his cheeks. How could such a mountain like creature be able to blush!? It made no sense.

They didn't ever do anything in homeroom, so as soon as he was settled, the class burst back into conversation, shuffling around to face eachother and picking up where they all left off.

Being the type of person Noya was, before Tanaka could even get a word in about an arm wrestling re-match, he was already directing all his attention to the mountain like newcomer that towered over him, a beaming grin on his face.

"How on earth did you get so big!?" was the first thing that left his mouth, Asahi jumping slightly and turning to face the smaller boy with a shrug, embarrassment clouding over his adult like features and the faint blush across his cheeks looking completely out of place against the rest of him.

"If I knew what it was I was doing, I would stop", he said with a half-hearted chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, but that was enough for Noya.

"Heh, I like you. I'm Yuu Nishinoya, Noya's fine though" he said with a grin, holding out his hand between the tables.

A smile crossed Asahi's slightly chapped lips, denting little dimples into his tanned cheeks as he reached out his hand to meet the other, "Asahi Azumane, nice to meet you, Noya".

------------------------
A/N

Yay! I finally started my new fic because Haikyuu season two is almost upon us and I can't wait!

I'll try to update each week but I haven't really thought of a plot yet, so until I do it will be loads of fluff :3