six

The sun had begun to set behind the faint clouds, patches or oranges, blues and a variety of pink and purple staining the darkening sky. The air was still warm, mixed with a cool night breeze that was rolling in across the waves as they lapped gently onto the shore.

The four of them were sat on the sea wall watching the last bit of the sun vanish into the ocean, each clutching a different flavour ice cream. Asahi had chocolate, Noya had caramel, Suga had strawberry and Daichi had mint.

Practically hurling the last bit of cone down his throat Noya leapt onto the feet in a wide stance, hands on his hips. "I propose a sleepover!" He announced out of the blue as the others exchanged glances between themselves.

"Maybe some other night, I have family coming over", said Suga with an apologetic smile, "sorry".

"I can't either. I need to study for the end of term exams and haven't even picked up a textbook yet" shrugged Daichi as he directed his eyes to Asahi.

"Sorry Noya.... I-", his eyes catch a glimpse of the dispare across the younger boys face, "I promised my neighbour I'd watch her kids..."

Noya pouted his lips, "Awh come on no fair!". He straightend himself up and put on a serious expression. "Fine, I'll have a sleepover by myself" he huffed, turning on his heels, pushing his hair back up into it's usual spikey form, stomping off down the path without looking back.

"Honestly... that kid" chuckled Suga, leaning against Daichi's side, "does he ever run out of energy?"

Daichi gave a soft chuckle and shook his head, "Not that I know of anyways".

-------------------

3:47am

Nishinoya: suga?

Sugawara: yeah?

Nishinoya: thank god your awake, I thought I'd have to wait till morning

Sugawara : im confused, is something wrong?

Nishinoya: oh well not exactly... it's about what I asked you the other day

Sugawara : okay im listening

Nishinoya: I was wondering if it would be a good idea to talk to someone about it

Nishinoya: I mean besides from you

Nishinoya: not that you're not helpful, I just mean maybe I should speak to someone properly you know?

Sugawara: don't worry, its fine :) I think it might be a good idea if it's really bothering you

Sugawara: even if you do, I'm still here to talk to. Me, Daichi and even Asahi if you wanted to

Sugawara: he's really dependable, both of them actually. Neither would tell a soul

Nishinoya: I feel like too many people know already and it's only just you and tanaka. I'd rather not get Daichi or Asahi involved in this

Sugawara: it's completely your choice, I won't tell either of them I promise

Nishinoya: thanks, I appreciate it

Sugawara: it's fine, I mean what are friends for right?

Sugawara: just tell me if you decide to do anything important, I've stuck with you this long and I'm not about to stop caring now.

Nishinoya: you really are like a mum XD

Sugawara: tell me about it xD

-----------------

Noya rolled onto his back staring up at the White painted ceiling with children's glowing stars stuck all over it casting a faint glow throughout the room. It was pretty small, still a childs room really with a tv and stack of video games, a bear was propped up on the top of a shelf and a baby picture in a tidy white frame was beside it.

A sigh left his lips, closing his eyes and breathing in through his nose. This hour was his favourite. Nobody knew who he was at this hour. There were no expectations or goals, only himself and the faint drumming of his heart in his chest. The silence of the night could hide nothing, but it didn't need to becausr nobody ever looked for anything at that time.

Sleep crelt over him like a black wave, each part of him being put to sleep at a time ad it began to fill his mouth and ears, sealing his eyes shut as images danced in front of them and he melted into the covers of his bed.