Sixteen

His shift was 5 hours so not too bad, though spending an hour of that watching Asahi and his 'date' outside had felt like 5 in itself.

Why out of all the places they could have gone, why here and why today. Some sick game of fate he decided. Someone up there definitely had it in for him.

He watched them through the window while they sat there, and they looked perfect for each other. She was cute and he was charming, laughing at each others jokes and sharing a sweet role. Honestly they looked like they were living out their own romance novel, the perfect first date.

Noya wanted to be mad, but honesty seeing him like that just stung because he had brought this on himself. He had been the one going out of his way to avoid talking to him, and he had been the one who said he didn't want anything to happen between them. Maybe he did though, he just wanted to be the person say opposite him, hearing all the stupid jokes, sharing a cake, plus he would have got a milkshake too. One of those big ones you share with umbrellas and sparklers in them.

See that would be the perfect date, and it would be him there and not her. Asahi could stay himself though, he looked amazing just the way he was. Noya had actually hoped that when he had walked it, dressed so handsomely with his hair up in that bun and the cologne instead of gym sweat, that it had been for him. Maybe he had come to confess his feelings, win him back, do one of those big romantic gestures like in the movies.

Apparently not though deep down he knew that anyways, and if it had been that way he knew he would have flipped out even more than he had.

Was he too harsh? Had he just completely ended it?

They weren't things he wanted to tho k about a she hung up his apron on a hook at the end of his shift. He was closing down so he helped himself to a to go mug of coffee in his bamboo mug and started flicking off the lights and headed to the door to lock it.

By now it was about 6pm and though the sky was still bright, there was a cool summer evening breeze in the air as he stepped outside, locking the door behind him.

And there he was, Asahi, sitting on the swings in the small park opposite, still dressed in the same clothes he wore for his date earlier, rocking back and forth.

He hadn't looked up yet and Noya considered ignoring him and walking away. That was the logical thing to do right? There was no need for another argument today, his daily dose of crying was already completed in the staff toilets after snapping at Asahi earlier. But he couldn't just walk away, he should at least apologise for earlier right.

Noya but his lip and headed across the road to the pack, hands stuffed in his pockets to hide them from the cold nip carried in the wind.

"Hey" he mutters, walking around the back of Asahi and climbing into the swing next to him, though the swing was much more his size than Asahi, hell, the guy barely fit on the seat and it f he was much taller he might even hit his head on the bar. It made him smile.

Asahi looked up to face him, not a sign of anger on his face, but more his same gentle smile as always as they made eye contact.

"I guessed you would be finishing around now" he smiled, rocking on the swing.

"Huh? How?"

"Well you were just putting on your apron when I saw you and the shop closes at 6 so I figured nobody who starts at 1 leaves before close".

Well he was right there, to be honest Noya was actually late in that day, but if he hadn't been he probably would have seen the whole situation coming and got someone else to serve him, so maybe fate really was dictating his life today. He wasn't sur wig that was a good or bad thing though.

"Ah right yeah.. it's only like my 3rd shift so let's hope I don't burn the place down".

Asahi chuckled, his gaze softening.

"Uniform suits you", he winked, watching the blush spread over Noyas face as he playfully punched his arm.

"Hey don't mock, I look like a girl in that stupid uniform", Noya laughed. All of a sudden it was like they were friends again, that they hadn't been avoiding eachother for a few weeks.

Noya frowned.

"But i suppose then that looking like a girl is a good thing to you".

"Noya.. you know that people can like both boys are girls right?" Asahi spoke softly, raising an eyebrow towards Noya.

The smaller boy was looking down now to his hand in his lap, a frown across his lips.

"I know but, she looked really cute, I can see why you like her. How was your date?".

"Ah it was alright. We went to the arcade after actually and I walked her home. She's a nice girl.."

"Oh yeah? What's wrong then?"

Asahi lifted his leg over the seat so one was on either side so he was facing Noya. He reached out a hand, hesitating before laying it softly on Noyas thigh, almost covering it completely. It was easy to see the flush of red spread quickly across Noyas face, eyes widening and unable to break the gaze between them as he looked up to face Asahi.

"She isn't you".

Noya held his breath, listening to the thump of blood in his ears as he looked at Asahis kind expression. He could hardly even feel his hand on his thigh, it felt like his entire body was on fire, but Asahi remained the same, a soft smile on parted lips, the evening wind ruffling his hair slightly. He really was beautiful.

He hadn't realised he moved his own hand atop of Asahi's on his thigh, nor his other which moved slowly to the side of Asahi's face, fingertips tentatively brushing the scruff around his chin where he needed to shave.

They just looked at each other, each tracing the outlines of the other face in their minds, every wrinkle, every mole, the flecks of colour within each others eyes. It was blissful and the entire world faded out of view from them. They say that when you look into someone's eyes, your heartbeats sync up, and they could both feel it.

Asahi felt Noya relax below his palm, the gentle warmth of his fingers against his face. It wasn't about what he wanted right now, it was about allowing Noya to feel safe, to push anything into him now could push him away again and that had hurt so much the first time, he couldn't risk it again.

"Asahi?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna kiss you now"

He raised his eyebrows slightly, not breaking his gaze from Noyas, though he could see his lips trembled slightly, but the expression on his face was familiar.

With his hand still against Asahi's face, Noya pulled him in closer till their lips met. It was like their roles had been reversed, this time it was Noya pulling Asahi in towards him.

He tasted a little like coffee, sweet too, probably from the cake earlier. That was how Asahi looked like his lips would taste, and Noya found himself smiling into him at the thought. This didn't feel the same as the first time, he wasn't nervous or scared, he felt warm and safe, feeling Asahis hand move up his torso to hold his waist. His hand was almost the same size as him, but Noya didn't flinch away from the touch.

Their lips moved slowly against each other, becoming familiar. Breath lightly dusting their cheeks as they breathed together, and eyelashes tickling against the bridges of their noses. It was like a first kiss all over again, the way everyone imagines it. A giddy head and butterflies in your stomach.

Asahi was the one who pulled away, breaking the kiss to look at Noya who was rosey cheeked, his hair still flat from work starting to fall out of the clip and into his eyes.

"You need to be honest with me", he smiled softly, pushing the hair back out of Noyas eyes.
"I promise you that Im here for you, but you can't keep playing these games with me. I want to believe you like me but.. it hurts".

Noya frowned.

"I'm sorry.. I just have a lot of things in my head, I'm not very good at talking to people about this stuff"

He paused

"But I do like you Asahi, I really like you".