Ch. 11

I rolled out of bed. Surprisingly Jackson was still sound asleep. I checked my phone. Nothing except a twitter notification.
I threw my hair in a headband and walked downstairs. Mom and dad were sitting at the kitchen table. I walked over to them.
As I sat down Dad threw the newspaper in front of me.
I examined it. It wasn't Rihanna or Drake on the front cover. It was me. Me and Jimmy Fallon.
The headline read:
Did Fallon Find His Dream Girl?
There was a picture of me and Jimmy holding hands the night before.
"Now the whole world knows our daughter as 'Jimmy's dream girl'" Dad said.
I couldn't believe it.
My mom wasn't speaking. She kept shoveling eggs and bacon into her mouth.
I jumped out of my chair and sped back upstairs. I had to call Jimmy. I needed to see him.
He picked up on the second ring. "Goodmorning."
"Goodmorning," I replied. "I need to see you."
"Alright," He sounded shocked. No wonder it was only eight in the morning. "I'll be there in about ten minutes."
"Sounds good."
I hung up and got ready. I wasn't feeling fancy so I threw on a blue shirt and a pair of jeans. I kept my hair in a headband

...

Jimmy pulled up in his Camry exactly when he said he would. That's what I love about him. He doesn't care to drive around in fancy cars all the time.
"Mom, Dad, I'm going out. Can you watch Jax?"
"No problem honey." Mom said.
I raced out the door. Jimmy was standing by the passenger side. He was wearing a Yankees cap hiding his eyes (for obvious reasons), a plaid shirt, and a pair of jeans. He gave me a hug and opened my door for me.
"Where to?" He asked as he started the car.
"Anywhere." I really just needed to get away.
"Alright. How about Frank's?"
Frank's was a breakfast diner on the outside of New York City.
"Sure."
We arrived about ten minutes later. I ordered a coffee and so did Jimmy. I really wasn't sure where this conversation was going to go, but it needed to happen.
As on cue Jimmy spoke up. "So why did you need to see me?"
I pulled out the newspaper where me and Jimmy were on the cover. "This is why..."
"What about it?" He asked as the server brought us our coffee.
"Your not mad or anything?" I asked pouring a sugar packet into my beverage.
"Why would I be mad when I'm on the cover with a beautiful woman like yourself."
"But you were pissed off at the paparazzi the other day. I thought you'd be pissed they put this on the cover."
Jimmy placed his hand on top of mine. It felt so right. "Paparazzi is a pain in the ass for sure, but I'm fine with this cover story."
I glanced down at the picture for the hundredth time. "We aren't even together."
His hand lifted my chin to eye level with him. "Bailey Jones, will you be my girlfriend?"
I nearly fainted. Jimmy Fallon wanted to be MY boyfriend. I pinched myself under the table. Nope not a dream.
"Of..of course." I managed to push out
He grinned which made my heart skip a beat. I'm so glad he is mine.....