Ch. 24

The nurses had given me a clean shirt, and a rag to wash my face. My nose wasn't broken, just badly bruised. My vision slowly came back.
I had slept in the waiting room. I couldn't just leave Bailey there.
"Mr. Fallon." I woke up.
"Yes."
"You may see your girlfriend now. She's in stable condition. Room 127."
I ran down the hallway to her room. Finally, I could see her. It had been almost 12 hours.
"Hey baby." I said as I entered.
She was in a hospital bed, with a hospital gown on.
"Good to see you Jimmy." She smiled.
Don't cry Jimmy. This needs to be a happy time. She doesn't need to see you sad. Stay cool.
I pulled a chair up next to her side and held her hand. "Everything will be okay. You'll be out soon."
She smiled. "I know James."
"I'll stick by your side through this all." I assured her.
"James. You will stick by my side my whole life."
"That's true." I gave her a kiss.
I called Higgins and tod him that the show would have to be put on pause until all this settled. He understood.
"I know how much you love her Jimmy." He had told me.

...

"Jimmy. Wake up."
I nearly fell out of my chair. "What? What's wrong?"
"You're so cute when you sleep, but hilarious when you wake up." She said.
"Shutup." I joked as I caught my breath.
"Someone is waiting for you in the lobby." She said.
"Oh alright."
I made my way down the hallway to the lobby.
"Mr. Fallon, nice to see you again." Said a familiar voice.
I turned to see the officer from yesterday. "Hey." I replied.
We walked into the same room as yesterday. He pulled a picture and piece of paper from his pocket.
"Kyle Langford was arrested. We found him in the alley way unconscious. We aren't charging you with anything because it was self defense. Mr. Langford though, is charged with many things including attempted murder."
I hadn't realized I had been holding my breath. I exhaled, a sign of relief. Thank goodness Kyle was arrested.
He handed me the items in his hand. There was a mug shot of Kyle with his swollen lip, bruises, and busted nose I caused. Also there was the arrest papers.
I handed the papers back. "Thank you Officer. For everything."
"Glad I could help Mr. Fallon." He smiled. "Can I get a picture?"
"Hell, why not." I said taking a selfie with him.

...

"Kyle's been arrested!" I said as I walked back into Bailey's room.
"Yay!" She clapped.
I gave her a gentle hug since she was still injured. "I love you."
"Bailey! Are you okay!?" A man rushed in and pushed me out of the way.
Mr. Jones......
"Dad, hey. I'm fine." She said.
Mrs. Jones followed him in, less dramatically.
"I knew I couldn't trust the fool." Mr. Jones said throwing a nasty look my way.
"But Dad. Jimmy help-"
"I knew from the start something was going to happen. But, I never knew he would let you get stabbed."
"Dad. Stop!"
My vision was blurring again. I needed to get out of that room. I ran out of the door into the hallway.i didn't stop until I came to the lobby.
I fell onto the couch. The last thing I remember was hearing a nurse answer the phone. And I was out.

* Thank you for 1K reads!! *