Ch. 20

One Year Later

"Higgins, I need to talk to you ASAP."
"Alright Jimmy. Meet me at the studio."
I ran and jumped in my cat and sped off to the studio. This was urgent. I needed to talk to someone I could trust.
I arrived almost ten minutes before Higgins. I was nervous. My hair was a mess, my clothes were wrinkled, and I hadn't gotten much sleep.
"You alright Jim?" He asked a little worried.
"I just need to talk." I replied, my hands beginning to shake.
We went to my office. I sat next to Higgins on the couch.
"What's up bud?"
"Wow. So uh. Bailey," My palms began sweating. "You know how much I love her right?"
"Of course. That's the only thing you talk about!"
"Well, I. I think it's that time."
"What time?"
"The time that I pop the question..." I smiled.
"Oh my goodness Jimmy. Yes! But, why are you so nervous?"
"Higgins," I wiped my palms on my pants. "Her dad doesn't seem to like me."
Higgins' expression changed. "Why?"
"I honestly don't know. Ever since we first met he never was fond of me."
"James. Talk to him," He put a hand on my shoulder. "That's the best thing."

...

I dialed the number Bailey had gave me.
"Hello?"
"Mr. Jones, this is Jimmy."
"The guy my daughter is so obsessed with Jimmy."
"Uh. Yeah."
"What do you want?"
"Mr. Jones, can we meet up tonight?"
"Why?"
"I need to talk with you."
"Meet me at Jerry's Coffee Shop at 8."
The line went dead.

...

I zipped up my jacket, pulled my Yankees hat over my eyes and walked into Jerry's. Bailey and I have came here a few times.
I spotted Mr. Jones seated in a booth by the back wall. I took a seat across from him. He had ordered two coffees.
"Good evening Mr. Fallon." He said.
"Good evening." I replied taking a sip of my coffee.
"So what do you need to talk about?"
The bubbling started in my stomach. Why was this so hard?
"Sir. You know that I am madly in love with your daughter."
"I know. For the past 2 years you are the only thing she brings up."
I chuckled which eased my stomach a little. "Well Mr. Jones."
"Well."
"I would like to ask you for your daughters hand in marriage."
He tensed up. "Do you deserve my daughters hand?"
"I believe so." I knew this wasn't going to turn out like I'd hoped.
He took another sip of his coffee. "I don't know. You've already put my daughter out publicly enough."
"I can't control the paparazzi sir. But I did up my security which hasn't caused any front page stories in a long time."
"Mr. Fallon, when you impress me and prove that you deserve my daughters hand, I will give it to you."
And with that he got up and left. I sat there in the booth in shock. Wow. This was going to be a tough one.
I took a final sip of my coffee and drove back home.

A/N
Guys did you see that Jimmy fell again! It was yesterday night after he received the Emperor of Comedy award. Well, when he was partying he fell, and from what other pals were saying, the bottle he was holding busted when he fell and cut up his right hand. So now both of Jimmy's hands are injured. Luckily the right hand is just a few cuts. What a klutz.... But he needs to be careful.
He comes back tomorrow from the hiatus though.