Month 1

Note that this sequel is not part of the actual Vampire Knight manga, but for my fanfic rewriting of it! :) If you would like to enjoy the first book, look for "Vampire Knight: If Yuki Had A Sister". Now enough of my nonsense rambling. Enjoy!

_______________________________________

Month 1:

My name is Alondra Kuran. . .I am the only survivor of the Kuran Clan. . .For now. . .

I stand there once again watching the furnace that devours both of my siblings. Yuki Kuran and Kaname Kuran. Both of them are together in the furnace before me. While Kaname's body resides frozen thanks to Aido Hanabusa, a once loyal servant to Kaname.

I would have followed after them, but there is something that keeps me from doing so. Something that would bring death to someone else if I were to jump into this furnace.

"Alondra." I blink startled once I hear Zero call to me. I compose myself and turn to him with a smile. It feels nice to have his company any time I come here. Sure I try to come alone, but his presence is not unwelcome to me.

"Hi, Zero. How is everyone?" I question him.

"I think the more important question is how are you doing?" I turn away feeling very selfconscious with the need to cry again whenever I'm asked that. I thought I was okay, but now I want to cry again.

"I'm not okay, but I have to be, for their sake." I say wiping away my tears. Zero pulls me close to him and his embrace makes me feel all warm inside. He's really gotten into hugging, more than when we were younger.

"Thank you for not following after them, and staying here. . .with me." I smile because he is half right. I didn't follow after them because I wanted to stay beside Zero. I don't want to lose him again. Especially now that we have a bond that will make us inseparable.

"Uh." We both slowly pull away at the sound of a voice. We turn to find Maria Kurenai here. She was there, helping group away former humans and pulling them away from their pureblood masters. I wonder what will be done for them? Since there is no way to turn them human. I wish there was a way...

"Alondra, I'm sorry about your loss." I can see the pain in her eyes seeing Zero and me together like this. I feel sorry, but I love him, and I won't give her this whim.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be fine." I say looking back at the furnace. The fire crackling inside. I can just imagine how her body burns and regenerates just like his heart.

"Zero, can I talk to you for a bit?" Kurenai asks Zero shyly.

"I'll go." I say walking past her without another word so they can talk, but the curiosity wins out, and I hide my pureblood aura in order to discreetly listen in.

"I thought you hated her, Zero." Kurenai says to him showing now obvious contempt for me.

"I told you before that I never hated her or felt betrayed. I was mad and conflicted, but I could never hate her. My mind and heart are finally clear." My heart skips a beat at the way he's defending me. I smile happily knowing that what he said before was true. That he wants us to be together. I put my hands to my stomach, and blush brightly.

"Zero, you know that the both of you can't be together. She's still a pureblood, and you're not. But I'm not a pureblood, Zero. I can be what you need." Kurenai says. I peek at them, and see her standing way too close to Zero. I really don't like the sight of that. I keep my composure not wanting to unleash my pureblood aura.

"Her body may be that of a pureblood, but her heart isn't. She's arrogant sometimes, but that's what makes her special, along with other things you may think are flaws." I mentally cheer at Zero's refusal of her.