Month 9 (1 scene) & Month 10

Here's a picture of eight year old Atsuko and Rei made by me with reference from a VK image!

____________________________________________________________

December 12th:

Welcome home. . .

"Well?" Zero says to me as we look down at Rei and Atsuko, who lie before us. They look at us curiously as we try to sort this out.

"What? You do it." I say shaking my head.

"Didn't you pay attention to Nurse Chiharu?" I nod my head.

"Sort of. I'll go get her!" I say turning away, but Zero pulls me back.

"Oh no! You're not leaving me alone to change their diapers!" I cringe and try to escape his grasp.

"But I don't want to do it! You do it!" I say smacking at his hand.

"We'll do it together." He says firmly.

"Why?! I had to carry them inside for nine months. I had to keep them a secret for nine months. I had to torture myself by eating vegetables. I couldn't eat sweets. I had to take care of myself. I couldn't eat sweets. I coul-"

"I got it! You were more worried about the sweets." I frown as he covers my mouth.

"Those were important too, but did you not hear the other stuff in my ranting?" I argue with him.

"I did, but you basically kept it a secret from me, so I had no time to prepare for this." My eyebrow twitches at how right he is. I puff my cheeks, and prepare to do this.

"Eepp! In coming!" I say ducking as Atsuko pees. I wait for a moment before I get out from under the table. I peek out to find two changed twins and a very bored Zero. I stand up and glare up at him.

"I thought you had no idea what you were doing?" I say to him.

"I just wanted to see how far you'd go. Anyway I'm still mad at you for keeping them a secret." I take Rei off his arms, and turn away.

"Hello, my trust issues tend to get in the way. And well my self confidence sucks." I say to him.

"I know that. But you don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm here beside you." I smile at his kind words and hug Rei close to me. I take in his sweet baby scent.

"Alondra, what are you doing?" Zero questions me.

"I love new baby smell. Look! Smell!" I say putting Rei closer to his face. He looks at me a little judgmentally, but he smells him.

"Huh, I guess he does smell good." He says to me.

"Yeah." I say happily as I take Rei back and continue to smell him. A knock just barely takes my attention away from Rei's scent.

"Alondra-sama, forgive me for intruding like this, but it's time for me to bid my farewell." Chiharu says stunning me for a moment.

"You're leaving already? I guess I got so used to your presence that I forgot you were only here to care for me until they were born." I say sadly as I walk towards Chiharu.

"That's very kind of you to say, Alondra-sama. I had forgotten my purpose here as well. I'd become attached to you until you seemed like a daughter to me." I look over at Chiharu surprised. I thought I was the only one who saw her as a mother.

"You felt like my mother, too." I say honestly with a smile. I see the tears pooling at her eyes.

"May I hold you?" She asks me.