Chapter 22

Percy woke up to a loud ringing, he turned sleepily and looked over to his bedside table. His phone was buzzing, a cute selfie of Piper on the screen. Hmm. He reached over and almost knocked over his phone, but luckily grabbed it before it crashed to the hardwood floor. 

"What?" Percy asked wearily.

"Hey, Percy. It's Piper, Annabeth's sick and I have a shift today. We don't have many friends in this town, and I was wondering if you could come over and take care of her. It's pretty bad, otherwise I wouldn't be asking you."

"Yeah, sure, I'll do it. But why are you calling me so early?"

"Percy," Piper said with an exasperated sigh," It's almost 10:00 and I have to get going. Just- just get over here soon."

Piper hung up and Percy began to run around his room looking for some presentable clothes. He threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a Quicksilver tank top. Then, he opened up his closet and saw his Converse. Black, blue, or gray. It didn't matter, he scolded himself. He just randomly reached down and picked out the gray ones. Percy was already halfway out the door of his room, pulling on his shoes, when he realized he forgot something. His phone. With one final tug, his shoe came on and he raced back to his room to grab his phone, laces flying up and whacking his ankles. 

On his way out, Percy grabbed a bagel and shoved it in his mouth before taking off down the street. He ran fast and hard and finally arrived out of breath at Annabeth's house. Percy's hand was raised to knock on the door when he cursed himself, remembering that Annabeth was probably bed-ridden and not able to get up. He hesitantly pushed the door open and walked in, looking around. Suddenly, some heavy coughing from the back of the cottage pulled him out of his thoughts. He turned the corner into the kitchen and looked around. He spotted some mugs and pulled them down from the shelves. Percy busied himself with getting hot water ready and finding the lemons and honey. 10 minutes later, Percy had a fresh cup of lemon honey tea and headed to Annabeth's bedroom, where he found her on her bed laughing weakly at some Shane Dawson videos. The black haired boy knocked on the open door just to let Annabeth know he was there. She looked up with an annoyed expression and he walked in and set the tea down next to her.

"Piper said she would call you," Annabeth said with an annoyed expression," I had hoped that your phone was dead or something."

Percy just looked at her and motioned to the tea. Annabeth reached over to it and started to drink. Percy sat down on the end of her bed and just began to talk.

"Have you seen the new season of Once Upon A Time? I haven't..."

Annabeth slowly fell asleep to Percy's random ramblings.

+

A/N- To all my peoples in Egypt (and everywhere else), I gift to you 500 words. Yay. This chapter is dedicated to DreamyInfinity13 for urging me to finish this chapter and our intense discussion about HoO. I hope y'all are having a good day, I am! I spent almost $120 at Hot Topic and it was amazing. I spent like 2 hours in there just wandering around and having fun. Also been listening to some PTV and MCR. Also some All Time Low. And Melanie Martinez. Plus 5SOS. My weekend has kind of just been music. Anyways, big chapter coming up for 10k. Let's get there! New chapter coming soon (not the one for 10k, but another).

Bye my little fanpeoples!