1. No One Has To Know

Emily's POV

I sat in my trailer waiting patiently for the call, it was the first day of Season 3 and I was nervous to say the least. Things had been awkward between me and Stephen since we shared our first kiss on screen, although our fans wouldn't see it until the deleted scenes were released. I hadn't been alone with him all summer, we were either surrounded by fans, the cast, or with Marc and I wasn't sure if I could handle being alone with him.

"God, Emily, why do you do this to yourself?! He's married!" I said aloud when I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I didn't want to turn around because if it was Stephen I would lose my mind.

"You can turn around. Staring at the wall isn't going to change the fact that I am standing here." He spoke nonchalant.

I slowly turned around to face him. "Please tell me you didn't hear any of that."

Colton laughed. "I would lie for the sake of my best friend, but I think you need to let it out, what's going on with you?"

I sighed and fell back on the couch. "He's married, Colton!"

He sat next to me and nodded. "I know and he has a kid."

I rolled my eyes.  "Not helping."

He smiled, sympathetically. "I'm sorry, it's just what do you think is going to happen? He's going to leave Cassandra and ride off into the sunset with you?"

I didn't respond simply stood up grabbed my phone and walked out of my trailer.

He tried to keep the conversation going, but thankfully Willa joined us.

"You guys ready for the first table read?" She said happily.

I nodded. "Yes. It feels good to be back!"

"I'm excited. I'm finally going to get to do some actual stunts!" She grew happier by the second.

"And with John, that's going to be interesting." Colton laughed.

We walked into the room and all of the place cards were already set up, before I could ask Wendy to not sit me next to Stephen.

Please don't be by Stephen. Please don't be by Stephen. I repeated to myself.

"Good luck." Colton whispered to me, pointing at my name card.

"Great." I said annoyed.

Katie walked in with Marc and I was about to greet her, until I lost my train of thought because there he was. It amazed me how he could take my breath away without even trying. He smiled and gave me a hug. That familiar scent, being in his arms... I shook it off and put on a smile.

"Hey Stephen! How's Mavi?" I asked. I couldn't think of anything else to talk about. I hadn't seen him in a month and I imagined the only thing that was a safe subject was his daughter.

"She's great! She's 1 going 16." He laughed.

We sat down and I shot a nervous look at Colton, he shook his head and continued talking to David.

Stephen's POV

"Have a good first day back! I love you." I read the message from Cassandra and turned my phone off. I began to pace around my trailer. I would be seeing Emily today and I wasn't exactly sure how to handle it. We usually read our lines together after the table read and I didn't know how to act around her anymore, especially after that kiss. I hadn't seen her in a month and I was so ready to be in the same room as her, but I was still nervous. I couldn't shake the feeling so I grabbed my laptop and decided to FaceTime with Robbie, the only person I could trust with this.